Today at the KH, Hopefully opens my wifes' eyes

by DaCheech 66 Replies latest jw experiences

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

The kids were sleeping, and one brother came up to me "is there a microphone on thats picking up some loud noise"?.

I said "all mikes are off except for the stage". He said "There's gotta be something because the noise is annoying!"

After asking 4 people, he found my infant snoaring!. He came to me and made a stink about it.

I angrily went up to my wife, and said "go to the side room, the brothers don't want your kid because he's snoaring".

My wife went, and we both had a field day with the brother or two that was involved!

There's been more instances, but little by little I can show her how very little they really care.

They pick on the littlest things, I don't think Jesus acted this way

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Typical lack of love.

Jeff

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Who said this is not child-hating religion??

Who was that poster???

-Aude. (Who believes that the sounds of children at play and asleep is amongst the most pleasant sounds I've ever heard. Especially infants. So antidepressing.)

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

anything that detracts from the wonderful spiritual banquet will be taken care of as swiftly as possible. anything from apostates to loud children... if it detracts from the message, then it must be eliminated.

bethel

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Have you ever noticed that during every meeting there are these 'big noters' trawling around the aisles and out the back fussing furtively.They reminded me of Daleks looking for 'inferior beings'"exterminate-Exterminate-EXTERMINATE!!!!

That servants well on his way to eldership.Is your littley marked now?Pete.

• belbab
    belbab

The child's sounds of sleep are of far greater significance than any amplified garble coming through the loudspeakers'

The sounds of what is, are the sounds of what is so, SO BE IT aka AMEN.

The meaning and significance of the mike noise are the sounds of ideals of what should be. They are not the sounds of life, they only are the sounds of the aspirations of life.

belbab

• Ned
    Ned

In her book, Diane Wilson wrote her experience as a young JW mother, including the JW's child rearing philosophy. Diane wrote that the brothers "assigned" an older woman to sit with Diane and her young child. When the toddler acted up, the older woman and Diane took the offending child outside...picked a branch...and beat the child into submission.

Who could beat a toddler for being skirmy in a 2+ hour meeting? That makes me super mad.

Plus, just think for a moment, this taught children to "fear" church and to have a "fear-based" relationship with God.

We did not have children, but I do remember this going on. If we did have children, I would have wanted them to love God and develop a relationship with Him and to enjoy church.

Ned

• loosie
    loosie
    They pick on the littlest things, I don't think Jesus acted this way

Your right Jesus wouldn't have acted this way.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

That's a shame that one of the most precious sounds to hear was acknowledged in a negative way!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

for some reason your story reminded me of the final episode of M*A*S*H

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit