JW Kids Leave the Organization: Facts

by Maximus 141 Replies latest jw friends

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Interesting thread. Personally, I was raised in the borg, my brother was never baptized and stopped attending meetings at 18, I didn't leave until I was 29. We're both happier than we've ever been. Since leaving I had to learn how to be young. I had to learn how to have fun, to relax, to just live a normal life. The GB says young people leave for sex, granted many do, I didn't, my brother didn't, we left because we didn't believe the dotrines taught and we were miserable on the merry go round of service, meetings, study. It was killing us by inches. Once we realized that this wasn't the truth, it's just like any other religion except it's far more dangerous because it damages so many lives, we've never looked back. Family ties make it complicated to live life openly. I go to church, celebrated my birthday for the first time this year and I have plans to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas with non JW family members who were thrilled when I left. I vote, I'm patriotic, I take classes of interest, enjoy hobbies with no guilt, and best of all, I can think for myself, it's allowed in the real world! So the GB can threaten all they want and pull their emotional blackmail with their cruel shunning policy. I am free now and I'm never going back. - V Sky

• Joker10
    Joker10

Maximus, how did came up with these figures?

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Why dub youths don't stay in the borg? My experience is, too many rules, too restrictive and controlling, too many meetings and not enough social activities. The meetings are not intellectually stimulating to challenge a persons mind and they are too long and monotonous. Studies show that a persons attention span is a lot shorter time frame that an hour, especially this generation that has being raise on TV shows where there's a commercial break every 10 to 15 minutes. Just a few ideas why the dubs are losing the minds of their youths but I can't see any change coming from that bunch of old bags of wind they call the GB.

Will Visit Smiley Central!

• cbew
    cbew

I remember the 1st congr. I was in had about 10 kids. 5 were kids of elders, 1 a kid of a MS and the others belonged to pubs. Fourteen years later I learned that most left the "truth" - 1 kid whose father was an elder ended up in jail for armed robbery, another kid of an elder is an alcoholic, 3 lead very disfunctional lives having been married and divorced a few times. Another ended up running away and disappearing. Out of all these kids I knew in that congr. I think only 1 remained a JW in good standing. Jesus said you can tell a rotten tree by the fruitage it produces. By his definition then the Watchtower is certainly one very rotten tree. I feel very sorry for kids growing up in this religion. They are the real victims of this sick and twisted religion and I hope to God it gets choppped down soon.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Well lets see out of my and my ex-husbands three sons, all are out of the witnesses. My ex-husband hassened the death of our middle son when he was in an accident by refusing blood transfusions to save his life. Then when I left the witnesses, my oldest son decided to follow Mom's path. Then 6 months ago our 16 year old said enough is enough of the baloney of the Elders and the society. So out of 3 children all raised in the witnesses, all three are no longer part of the great Watchtower Society BEAST.

I know of lots of families with several kids, and the majority of them all left the witnesses. Personally It seems to me the number is higher who leave. So what kids that are not martyred for the WTS by refusing blood, the rest are leaving. 86% is great. There has got to me more people out of the JW's than there are in.

Yah EX-JW's out pace the active JW's with the hands of freedom firmly in the air.

• betrayed1
    betrayed1

Interesting thread.

• blondie
    blondie

So, welcome, betrayed1.

Are you a JW kid that left or do you have JW kids that left?

Neither for me, I was a JW kid but left as an adult and I have no kids.

I will say this that out of about 10 teenagers in the same age group, only one remains active, attending the meetings. I would say that is about right, maybe 1 out of 10 end up staying.

Blondie

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Gald to see it is not just me that resurrects old threads!!

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I love to see important threads like this one show up again from time to time. Thanks. Excellent read.

And Welcome, betrayed 1!

-Lisa

• betrayed1
    betrayed1

It is an almost impossible role to fulfill. I doubt that Jesus Christ himself, let alone any of the twelve could have functioned as a JW kid. The Watchtower religion stifles every ounce of creativity, ambition, scholarship and sociability from their young people, but still expect them to shine as a "lamp to the world" in school.

There are not enough qualified therapists in the world to help witness kids with the emotional, psychological scars of growing up JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit