JW Kids Leave the Organization: Facts

by Maximus 141 Replies latest jw friends

• outnfree
    outnfree

I used to literally cry at the Kingdom Hall when they would play the songs that dealth with faithful youth because my children were not there. Faithful sister, wife of an unbelieving mate, dragging children alone to conventions all over the country so as not to create even more tension at home, reading Bible stories as bedtime stories, promoting my children's making a progressively firmer 'stand for Jehovah' at school each year, trying to conduct positive Bible studies (when they often deteriorated as Dave007 hilariously noted in another thread), dragging them to meetings, packing daily texts in lunch bags or reading them in the car together on the way in to school in the morning, crying when my children [early days] were not allowed to attend the Memorial with me, crying when my children [latter days] when my children didn't WANT to attend the Memorial with me (after several years of attending out of guilt at making me feel badly)...
    I finally got to the point where I would dread sitting through the talks on ANY assembly or convention program aimed at "Our Youth" and FINALLY got to the point where I actually voiced to the elders at a shepherding call how nice it would be if some of the experiences told at assemblies & conventions about successful JW youths were experiences of youths raised in divided households!!!
    GUILT?
    YOU BET Jehovah's Witness parents are inundated with it. Tidal waves of guilt because we must be doing SOMETHING wrong not to have the result the Society kept assuring us would be the result of our diligence!

I am so thankful that I am gone, the guilt barriers are removed, and the relationship between my children and I is now genuine.

And the figures here cited seem about right to me. There are very few children that my kids grew up with in the Kingdom Hall who are still associating with the congregation -- fewer still who have made the choice to dedicate themselves and be baptized as Jehovah's Witnesses. Even the ones in second and third generation families. They are either outright rebelling or just 'marking time' until they can leave their parents' homes. (Praise Jah?)

outnfree

• Black Man
    Black Man

up..........

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

dredged

I thought this was an intersting thread, but I haven't got to read all of it yet...but i will

• minimus
    minimus

They leave the organization because the majority are born in the religion. They leave because of the restrictions and their own unbelief of "THE TRUTH"

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

What I really wonder is, how many leave COMPLETELY and join the outside world? LIke, enjoy birthdays and put the big tree and lights up at Christmas, and would never consider refusing blood if was absolutely neccessary medically. It seems like so many X JWs have so many issues (especially with family still in) and have so many wounds, that they live in a limbo, out but not really 100% part of the world. How long does it take, or do you ever get free from the JWs, so that anyone getting involved with you would know you would never go back?

concerned mama

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Bluntly put - any organization who's dogma declares a private masturbation session "secret sinning" and "a double life" is just asking to have a cohort of hypocrites.

Any evidence of imperfection is technically "a double life"!!!! Hyper-critiquing each and every act, with no means of expiation besides the JC, which has the power and the satanic DESIRE to expel someone??? Yes I'm going to leave! How dare the borg make me feel guilty for stuff that 1. doesn't matter 2. presents no difficulties for anyone else and 3. at face value, gives evidence of my humanity, not my inner evil???

People who stay with the borg, in this age of the Internet and information, deserve whatever abuse they get.

Stand tall, walk out, DA yourself, and become a free man! Live free or die! Do nothing out of fear! Millions for defense, not one penny in tribute! Your religion is supposed to serve and support YOU, not the other way around! what has the borg done for you, besides lie, manipulate, and intimidate you?

Let the Tower burn!

CZAR

• In_between_days
    In_between_days

I left the Organisation 4 years ago. I was 20 at the time. I hated being a witness, plain and simple. Being a teenage Jehovahs Witness is absolute hell. I lived a double life, and let me tell you I was an angel compared to some of my peers. I can honestly say that almost every single young JW I knew was a hypocrite. There exists "Cool groups" within witnesses, just like high school and let me tell you, if you were a hardcore dub who liked the meetings and pre-studied you were the same as a geek at school. Why stay then? You may wonder. Why not just be "worldly"? I think its just all about not wanting to dissapoint the parents. Its about about guilt and pressure. At least, thats what it was for me, and almost all of my friends. Just my experience and outlook from when I was a teenage dub.

• hksb
    hksb
    But in a sense, they still win. Many religions, JWs included, take their profit from channelling people's sexual frustration and guilt generally into work for the organization. Sexual suppression has been an immensely successfull way to control people. People will always have sex, and sexual thoughts, and such religions thrive like parasites on the guilt people generate.

In a sense, they are like snakeoil salesmen. First, convince people they are really sick ("you are a sinner"). Then, claim to sell the medicine. Of course, the believers need more and more of this medicine. If they are really guilty, they may one day end up on the GB, and actively propagate the same propaganda of guilt to a new generation of sad suckers.

Top post JanH (as always).

Is it just me or am I the only one to have the experience that some in the congregation tried to 'help' the young ones (eg organizing roller skating nights, football after/before the meeting, etc). They only did this as a bribe to stop us leaving but anyway that is just like other religions.

I'm a bit perplexed that some people on here are suggesting the WTS should be doing MORE for young ones. Quite the opposite, I am glad they are doing so little. Hopefully that will induce more teenagers to leave.

The Witnesses may be a more extreme and obnoxious religion than other religions but basically they run on the same principles. Guilt + rules + service/money = membership. It's such a scam. I really wish governments would tax religions out of existence.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Lots of good information! More proof that "The Truth" does not practice what they preach.

Hypocrisy rules!

Mr. Kim

• ninecharger
    ninecharger

Who is the celebrated Greek writer who penned words fit for anyone wanting release from the Borg?

"I FEAR NOTHING. I HOPE FOR NOTHING. I AM FREE...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit