JW Kids Leave the Organization: Facts

by Maximus 141 Replies latest jw friends

• felix a
    felix a

Max,

Thanks for the reply... I'll be catching up with you a little later.

Cheers

felix a (davidp)

"Vision is the art of seeing things invisible"
    Swift

• joelbear
    joelbear

Wow Maximus,

Maybe I will become an Episcopal.

I know I have spiritual needs that are unattended to:

I certainly need

1. Fellowship
    2. Meditation
    3. To Volunteer more
    4. Encouragement
    5. Counsel on my life patterns

Finding ways to give me these things in settings beyond just lecturing me is quite an interesting concept.

Thanks

Joel

• philo
    philo

Thanks for another excellent post Maximus. Your thoughts here would benefit the society if it had the imagination to heed them. But it is probably for the best that they don't. Sometimes I picture you posting from a desk in Brooklyn! LOL.

The 'young ones' in the various congregations I knew voted with their feet in the majority. The ones who didn't were voted on with a judicial boot (DFd), and there was only a small minority who survived the 'dangers' of youth. I was of this shining minority.

philo

• Englishman
    Englishman

Maximus,

I can't believe that I have only just spotted this thread, excellent post, well done.

The WTBTS don't seem to have any idea whats involved in growing up. Most kids these days are ashamed if they are virgins! Young men have heaps of testosterone coursing through their veins, they want sport, women, trendy clothes, music, late nights, beer, dirty jokes, the internet etc etc. Most of all they want to be part of their own little social group. IMHO that is very natural, a damn siight more natural than anything that JW's have to offer.

The WTBTS is fighting against nature in trying to repress its younger members. It will always, always, always lose!

Englishman.

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

• JanH
    JanH

EnglishMan,

The WTBTS is fighting against nature in trying to repress its younger members. It will always, always, always lose!

But in a sense, they still win. Many religions, JWs included, take their profit from channelling people's sexual frustration and guilt generally into work for the organization. Sexual suppression has been an immensely successfull way to control people. People will always have sex, and sexual thoughts, and such religions thrive like parasites on the guilt people generate.

In a sense, they are like snakeoil salesmen. First, convince people they are really sick ("you are a sinner"). Then, claim to sell the medicine. Of course, the believers need more and more of this medicine. If they are really guilty, they may one day end up on the GB, and actively propagate the same propaganda of guilt to a new generation of sad suckers.

Sad.

- Jan
    --
    "People are apprehensive when they meet me. They think I'm going to eat
    them. But underneath it all, I'm quite shy." - Freddie Mercury

• blondie
    blondie

Young people have to be careful that they don't just exchange one group telling them what to do or what to think for another group, their peers. Experimenters don't usually experiment on themselves, they use animals or other means. Young people can learn from watching what happens to other people who follow a certain course...it's safer. I know this sounds like a WT, but having worked with nonwitness youths on a volunteer basis, I have seen the results of blindly following your friends. It's important to learn how to gather information, analyze, and learn to make an individual decision that will benefit yourself even if it is not the choice of your friends and they may discourage you.

• Room 215
    Room 215

It's mind-boggling to me that these old farts can't understanding that a kid's need for recreation, social ineraction and validation are legitimate and compelling.
    From time to time, when they grudgingly endorse limited forms of plya and hobbies, they make positive mention of studying music. It never seems to occur to them that it's useless to learn to play the clarinet when the youths are discouaged from joining a band or orchestra!

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Official WBTS party line:
    Dear beloved Youths of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society:
    After careful review, we have suspended adolescense and puberty for all youths, as it has been deemed detrimental to your spirituality and the health of the Organization. In fact, starting now, you will skip immediately to your forties, in behavior and maturity level (yes, I know a lot of 40, 50 somethings here have a LOT MORE fun than the average poor JW kid--trying to make a poiint here! :) There will be no dancing, no music, and no fun of ANY SORT! AND you WILL be joyful. NOW, put those smilies on children and GET OUT IN SERVICE!
    The beatings will continue until morale improves!!!
    Your loving caring brothers of the GB

• philo
    philo

GULP!!

That was accute, Jan.

philo (who is only cute)

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

and p.s.
    Dear lurking elder,
    I mean this in all sincerity: if you truly care, listen to what's being said here. Really listen with your heart. Perhaps take a little piece of reality back with you.
    May you go in peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit