A Letter I Feel I Should Share.

by Apostanator 31 Replies latest jw friends

• oldflame
    oldflame

Yes it is like sticking a knife in and spinning it inside your guts over and over again. Believe me when I tell you that I know exactly how you feel. Stand true to yourself and be strong..

• prophecor
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

That is a well written letter and heartbreaking. How does an organisation become so powerful that it can make family members heartless?

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's a marvellous well thought out letter and because it is transpersonal most of it could apply to any ex JW shunned by his family and it expresses well the emotional distress inflicted by the WTS on tens of thousands of ex members.

This total shunning is of course based on a twisted and extremist interpretation of the Scriptures, where unless one had become a vile and ferocious enemy of the Church one could not be completely cut off from contact.

As for certain other serious misdeeds such as adultery and big scale fraud, the biblical advice was not to have very intimate contact with them, and not to totally shun them. However the dubs see everything as black and white without any shades inbetween.

As for the Catholic priests abusing children at least they are celibate and sexually frustrated, most of the JW abusers are not so, as far as I know.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

(((((((apostanator)))))))))

Coffee

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Great letter!

I don't stand for their silly games either. They like to feel like they are in control.

One comment. You said the WT was "deceptive and hypocritical". I always like to add "and preaches genocide". It seems to have that extra little kick I do so enjoy. What freaks....sad.

-FW

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

((((Apostanator))))

I have the same sort of thing ahead of me. I can picture right now the family getting together to discuss which things to invite me to and which things I don't deserve to know about. I feel so much for you, writing this must have put you through hell. I have made the same decision, I won't have my emotions yo-yoed on their whims, however much I wish I could spend time with them all the time.

I can't think of a way to improve your letter. You made it clear. You didn't shut them out, they shut you out. And you also told them if the door is OPEN now, you will reconsider. I don't think you could have taken a higher ethical road if you built one yourself.

Your brother,
    AuldSoul

• quango
    quango

Sorry - Am I being a bit thick or something? I keep reading posts from people who disassociate themselves & then complain that no witness will associate with them anymore. Does this make sense to anyone?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Sorry - Am I being a bit thick or something? I keep reading posts from people who disassociate themselves & then complain that no witness will associate with them anymore. Does this make sense to anyone?

It makes perfect sense to me. Would your family shun you if you decided to avoid shopping at Wal-mart? Probably not, yet when people decide they no longer wish to be associated with the Watchtower publishing company they are suddenly treated like dirt by family and former friends. W

• skyman
    skyman

I wrote one to my brother as well and it makes me so mad to think about it.

F them all is what I say.

I am you pain, live it every day. I may have it better than you because the brothers here localy have quit shunning me and I still have mom and dad. But my brother has not talked to me for over four years. Every day goes by I get madder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit