A Letter I Feel I Should Share.

by Apostanator 31 Replies latest jw friends

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Sorry - Am I being a bit thick or something? I keep reading posts from people who disassociate themselves & then complain that no witness will associate with them anymore. Does this make sense to anyone?

You yourself do not agree with everything the Org teaches, so you watch what you say to the JWs in your cong and are not 100% honest with them. You will not say where you live when you post because you don't want to be found out for posting on this message board......even though you have done NOTHING WRONG!

You know that being honest with everyone in the cong and being 100% true to yourself would cost you dearly. I would cost you your friends, maybe your relatives. And that is a very, very high price. A price that is too high. It is unfair and unloving and unjust!

After all, didn't we promise to be loyal to the Org based on it being the TRUTH? They broke the deal. They have no right to take our fiends and family.

Some people are tired of living a lie. Then all their family and friends treat them as if they were dead. If you don't understand how that hurts and where the anger and pain comes from, then I don't know what to say.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Sorry - Am I being a bit thick or something? I keep reading posts from people who disassociate themselves & then complain that no witness will associate with them anymore. Does this make sense to anyone?

Quango - This makes absolute sense to me. One spends years, or often decades, building personal relationships with others, be it family or witnesses. During that same period he is taught to use his/her conscience in serving God. When the religion exceeds what a persons' conscience can permit and stay associated, he excercises that conscience, in harmony with what he has been told the Bible and God require of him/her. And poof, all those personal relationships disapear. The indivdual is treated like an enemy of God. Very few can drop this religion like a cloak. I couldn't - and although I am healing somewhat now - I still have deep pain knowing that these persons treated me with such disrespect and unkindness. I lost a cousin who was my best friend for 35 years over leaving. I know for a certainty that I would not have done that to him if the tables were turned. Yes - without intending to be inconsiderate - I do think you are a bit thick on the concept. Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit