When and where baptized

by drahcir yarrum 71 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I was baptized Oct 15th, 1995 in Salisbury, NC at the circuit assembly. Left them three short years later, after surfing the WWW.

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Lilacs,

We're assigned to Salisbury Assembly Hall also. I'm from Columbia, SC. Beautiful Hall, btw. I love the antique shops in the town - spent more time there than at the Hall.

I was baptised in 1971 in Indianapolis, IN. at the age of 21. Wore a mini-skirt to the assembly. Have times changed.

waiting

• AMarie
    AMarie

Hey Everybody:

I was baptised at age 13 on October 3, 1992 in London, OH. It's funny because when I look back at the pictures of that day, I was with my four best friends, all of whom have left the Borg and become "Apostates" (though I don't see them anymore). Maybe October 3, 1992 was an unlucky date. I don't know.

AMarie

• dins
    dins

Like Daisy, they could never pin me down, for which I took lots of abuse.

Howoever, my sister got baptised when she was 14 (I was 12) at some district assembly in New York State somewhere and I remember getting right up to the railings of the baptismal pool and shouting for her not to do it, she would regret it. My mother grabbed me by the hair and hauled me off in embarrassment. I think that might have been an inkling...

And my sister DOES regret it!!

Trying to remember the name of the convention hall in NY...it smelled funny and the seating and decor was all blue and green with a big glass window that looked into the cafeteria. Any ideas??

Dins

• dins
    dins

Just remembered!!! Monroe, NY. Was anyone here subject to the Monroe NY convention hall smelly torture experience? :)

• cosmo
    cosmo

NEVER!!!!!!!!

Friends don't let friends get dunked!

• longtimeout
    longtimeout

It was at the District Convention held at the "Eastern States Exposition Grounds" in Springfield, MA. in 1962.
    I was 14.

• Babykins
    Babykins

Hey AMarie,

October 3 is not unlucky for some people, its my Birthday for one thing. Also 1992 was the year I got married, I was 21 and the year I slowly started moving away from the Organization. That date just caught my eye.

Babykins

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Heh dins -

I remember Monroe, it was sold to the Jewish community.

closer

I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing
    than teach ten thousand stars how not to dance - e.e. cummings

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

Frankfort, KY. October 8, 1983. I was baptized by my Father. It was the first time I had ever seen him cry. The second time was as he was refussing to walk me down the aisle. You see I married a "non believer".

BobsGirl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit