When and where baptized

by drahcir yarrum 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

A swimming pool near Wolverhampton on a Sunday moring in May of 1975. I was 14.

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• anglise
    anglise

Swimming pool at holiday camp in SE England.
    I think it was 1983.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Like Anglise, a swimming pool in a holday camp in SE England. 1988.

Hey Anglise, maybe we were in the same circuit?

Expatbrit

• Free2Bme
    Free2Bme

I was sweet 16, it was 1979, and it was some swimming pool in Scarborough. I remember being very self-conscious so I put a t-shirt on over my cossie which looks even worse when you're hauling yourself out soaked to the skin! Coulda died cos a young brother who'd been sniffing around for a while turned out to be the official photographer and was pointing his damn camera at me every where I turned.
    Remember getting a watch off my mum so that was cool.
    Mmmm some fond memories of those Scarborough assemblies.

Free

• StifflersErSlayersBrother
    StifflersErSlayersBrother

I was 17, it was July 15rh 2000. There were 4 of us from my hall. 2 girls and another guy. One of the 2 girls still talks to me and at least acts like my friend. The guy is, well, a dork. The funniest part about it I remember, There was one black brother, who decided underware wasnt his thing... That was the day i found out its true what they say bout black men....
    I remember it like it was just last year.... lol

• teejay
    teejay

Muskogee, Oklahoma, USA. March 15 (St. Patrick's Day), 1974.

Following the talk, walking out of the auditorium to the changing rooms and the pool, I caught sight of my big brother, already an up and comer in the org. He was beaming from ear to ear -- that should have clued me in. It's taken me a while to figure it out, but my big brother is a jerk.

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

1980,Saint Louis Missiouri.Circuit assembly

13 years old

• Jim Lad
    Jim Lad

1990 At the Devil's Lake Corral dance hall renovated to be an assembly hall in Onoway, AB, Canada. Waited 'til I was 20. Boy was I a dick.

• spike
    spike

Sept.4,1971 at Dubuque,Iowa,circuit assembly. I was baptized with my sister-in-law who was getting rebaptized. She brought me into the JW's. We were dunked in an outdoor swimming pool blocks from the assembly. The pool was cold. I had to be dunked 3 times. We had a martini party that night at the motel.

Never give up, and never under any circumstances, face the facts-R.Gordon

• TMS
    TMS

Richard:

I was at the assembly at Empire Stadium in '66 when you were baptized, lingered a while to visit with apostates, who were handing out tracts at the entrance. Weren't you excited to get "Life Everlasting in Freedom of the Sons of God"?

My baptism was at the South Seattle Kingdom Hall, March '53.

TMS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit