When and where baptized

by drahcir yarrum 71 Replies latest jw friends

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

I thought it might be interesting to see how many here remember where and when they were baptised into the borg. For some the memory may be too painful, but I'm curious.

Me. . . it was 1966 in Vancouver, BC. I was spending the summer in Washington state at the time.

Since it occured in Canada, I always wondered if it really counted.

• joelbear
    joelbear

July 27, 1973 in Atlanta Stadium at the international assembly. Total of 1244 baptized there that day.

Specific memories:

Praying to Jehovah to make me heterosexual during the baptism prayer.

Having my picture taken on the way to the pool by two of the friends in my home congregation, Jackie and Margie Moore.

Getting undressed and dressed in Hank Aaron's dressing cubicle.

Going back to the dressing room and looking around to see if I was still attracted to the other men (I was).

Going back to my seat, wet, on a terribly humid and muggy summer day in Atlanta.

zugs

Joel

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

july 1990, district convention in rochester, MN

about a month ago, i found a picture of my best friend and i, in line to get dunked. very strange to see after 10+ years....

love
    harmony

Most people think, Great God will come from the skies, Take away everything And make everybody feel high. But if you know what life is worth, You will look for yours on earth: And now you see the light, You stand up for your rights.~~Bob Marley

• Daisymay
    Daisymay

Never!!! I was too fast, they couldn't catch me!
    LOL!
    daisy

• JanH
    JanH

March 9, 1985. Circuit Assembly, Bergen. There were 5 of us, by a coincidence one of them became one of my best friends, who I left the cult with around ten years later.

- Jan
    --
    Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel. [Ambrose Bierce, The DevilĀ“s Dictionary, 1911]

• MrMoe 2
    MrMoe 2

Sometime in the year 1989, I was 12 and the only girl who didn't wear a t-shirt over her swimsuit!!

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

October 26, 1963, somewhere in northern Massachusetts. I was 11 years old. The baptism was a makeshift pool in a Kingdom Hall under construction. No heat and VERY cold. I was happy as hell.

An interesting side note: The motel we stayed at for this assembly was called the "Pioneer Motel."

S4

• somebody
    somebody

1977 or 78. At the wbts owned assembly hall in Natick, Massachusetts. don't really recall any special memories of that day. I got baptized because I caved into the pressure from my parents, and the woman I was studying with. It wasn't something that was my idea.

peace,
    somebody

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

1986 Albany GA Circuit Assembly. I was 14. I was one of the last people in line, and noticed that everyone ahead of me must've been wearing lots of haircare products. There was a nice greasy film on top of the water. My friend and I joked that it was the sins being washed away. So gross.

Slayer

• conflicted
    conflicted

July 4, 1988. Even though it was supposed to be a life changing decision, my life didn't change - I basically did it 'cause I was the only person in the cong. over 13 who wasn't baptized yet. You know, nothing I did helped me to fit in with them - even after baptism I was treated like I was unwanted, so I left shortly after. Lucky me :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit