When and where baptized

by drahcir yarrum 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Moxy
    Moxy

lol @ slayer. there mightve been a little 'sin' getting washed away there actually. you know, last chance and all.

mox

• Princess
    Princess

Tacoma Washington. July, 1985

Hey Somebody, do you live near Natick? My husbands family is from Natick, his sister went to the local congregation there until she quit years ago and became a fellow pagan.

Princess

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

Spring 1983 @ the assembly hall in Dorking, Surrey, UK - baptised with my (then) wife and we were dunked at the same time - the assembly hall was an old converted cinema - was also the last assembly there as it was knocked down to build a car park ... now now - no nasty comments about how much more useful plz ...

• somebody
    somebody

Hi Princess,

I live in Rhode Island. The only times I was in Natick was for the assemblies.

peace,
    somebody

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Summer of '79 in Lakeland Florida...I was about 2 months shy of turning 14 years old. I remember feeling that I had finally done something I could be proud of and afterwards, I worked in the concession stand with wet hair so I got lots of congratulations! I also remember an elder coming on to me in the little stock room next to the concession stand and being appalled that an 'elder' would talk to me that way. Weird to think of it now, after all these years.

Dana

"I undid his head collar and took him outside for a drink, and felt, if not exactly a communion with him, at least an awareness of being a fellow creature on a lonely planet."

Dick Francis in "To The Hilt"

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Oh no! with a couple of mentions about Natick Massachesetts it brings back all the bad memories. In 1975 I was dunked like a lemming. Wish I could go back and undo it.

HCM

• thewiz
    thewiz

I got baptized twice

Once in Nov 1973 and then again in 1980 sometime.

• somebody
    somebody

HoChiMin,

I think that was the year the Natick assembly hall was brandy new. I remember all the talk about the comfortable seats and that it was air-conditioned! And I have say..the seats sure were comfortable, which is a bad thing if you're trying to stay awake for hours to listen to babble.

thewiz,

I've never heard of anyone getting baptized twice. Why twice? Did you notice in pictures later that your big toe was sticking up out of the water the first time or sumthin?

peace,
    somebody

• conflicted
    conflicted

thewiz,

Don't take this wrong, but:

They got you once - shame on them, they got you twice - shame on you.
    ;)

• JWinSF
    JWinSF

January 9, 1971, at the Detroit Assembly Hall.

Was really shy about my body. Getting undressed in front of the other men was especially difficult due to my feelings of inferiority and my very real fear that I'd get an erection if I saw someone that appealed to me [fortunately, none did appeal to me].

I really thought that my life would be "oh so good" after baptism. That the promises that I could change my sexual orientation would come true. Now, I know that there never ever was the possibility that the orientation could be changed in my case, nor was there ever any need to do so.

But, there were some nice times in the BOrg. However, the price I paid emotionally far outweighed what I gained intellectually. One thing I am glad about, being TM school overseer, I did acquire the skill of being able to talk before large groups of people without fear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit