Does the King Kong movie have racist overtones?

by enlightenedcynic 97 Replies latest social entertainment

• avishai
    avishai
    But comparing black people to primates is racist... sadly it's done, but not in the movie

Ironically, people in general, all of 'em, black, white, brown, red, yellow or green ARE primates.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    King Kong is implictly attracted to her as he has never seen a white female before - this is, I believe a plot device, not a racist statement. If he wasn't, there would be no movie. Of course, KK BEING attracted to her is not fun for her, but that's because he's a gorilla. A very large gorillia. This is not 'Gorillas in the Mist', even Diane Fossey would draw the line at that affectionate...

Abaddon brilliant logic,we like smart people

• aniron
    aniron

If the Whites had gone to the Island and shipped all the natives off it and left the ape behind.

Then I'd call it racist.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    Which species of monkey, and what has that got to do with primate skin colour?

Well everytime I've shaved MY monkey its been white!

Chimps were the primates I was refering too, I don't know about a giant ass gorilla who's gonna shave him anyway!

• trevor
    trevor

enlightenedcynic

The King Kong movie is a fantasy movie about a giant gorilla.

Your comments on this thread are racially motivated and do a great disservice to black people.

The gorilla belonged in the jungle on a deserted island away from civilisation - so do people who share your racist views!

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

FunkyDerek,

"Can you provide examples please"

Of course I can. Just watch the portrayals in percentage terms of non whites verses whites verses jews. What we do we find from the inception of Hollywood?

Blacks portrayed as violent gun toting rapists of white women. Usual social setting poor, destitute, aggressive.
    Hispanic's reputation is now going through the same racist hollywood meat grinder.
    American Indians savages ready to scalp virtuous innocent white rose. Sometimes though saved by the heroic strong white man unless he gets scalped himself.
    South Americans - drug lords.
    Africans need a stupid white man to show them how to survive in their own natural environment. Ridiculous.

Jews are portrayed as the virtue of the world - Brain surgeons, musician, clever lawyers, upright business men, distinctly jewish names not associated with villains.

There are hundreds of films that bear out the racism inherent in hollywood. Don't get me wrong I don't blame world jewry I blame the racists of hollywood.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Why do some people always have to look for an some hidden meaning that nearly always results in allowing them to play the victim. Isn't time better spent addressing legitimate racism and discrimination, there is enough of that without S T R E T C H I N G for hidden messages.

just me talkin here...

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Why do some people always have to look for an some hidden meaning that nearly always results in allowing them to play the victim. Isn't time better spent addressing legitimate racism and discrimination, there is enough of that without S T R E T C H I N G for hidden messages.

It's kinda like those people that look at the pictures in the WTS art depictions that try to find Satan's face. Some people are just wired to play victim.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Well I do think that sometimes movies have racial overtones! (and undertones too!) It's also hard to be indoctrinated that everyone is out to get you and then just "get over it." As a witness we were told that everyone else on earth hated us. As a black witness they were told that everyone hated them and that only in "gods organization" was there any sort of racial equality! Then of course there is NOT racial equality with the witnesses so you've got to be thinking "if this is the BEST imagine everywhere else." I sympathize... I can't empathize being in different shoes but I can sympathize!

I think in recent years that Hollywood has moved in the OTHER direction! Every white man is KKK and every Indian is a saint! The majority of motion pictures that portray the black man as a pimp or rapper or drug dealer are directed by BLACK MEN I really feel that spike lee is the biggest raciest in Hollywood! Much like Jesse and Al are the biggest raciest in washington DC!

• Soledad
    Soledad
    Jews are portrayed as the virtue of the world - Brain surgeons, musician, clever lawyers, upright business men, distinctly jewish names not associated with villains.

JJRizo? is that you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit