Ahhhh, summer's here!!

by ozziepost 45 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Mary,

It depends where you live in Oz - it's such a vast place and the weather varies from the tropical north (hiya wombat!!) to the rather cool winters of Melbourne. And then there's Canberra where we had the Cannyfest- that's near the snowfields and it can be ************** freezing!

Still up near Bethel, "Jehovah's loving organisation" lovingly gives us very mild winters, so we're fortunate (mustn't say "lucky", must we )

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Dune,

We're the people who live underneath you lot!

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

As someone who's backyard is covered with snow....living here in the arctic tundra of massachusetts....

I say all of us who feel Ozzie is gloating should dogpile him and put a snowball in his underwear!!!

Nyah, Nyah, Nyah...

Summer Shmummer....

Going to go put more wood on the fire.....sniff sniff

At least we're having a white Christmas!!!!

Just kiddin' witcha!

Chrystal

• neverin
    neverin

My friends grandson asked who lived above us - granddad replied "God does" then he asked who lives under us "The Austrailians" was the reply. "So are we God the Austrailans?" was the response. Out of the mouths of babes eh?

• neverin
    neverin

Sorry that should have read "So are we God to the Australians?"

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Rebel8-

I'm near the Great Lakes so we get what is called lake effect snow....the storms move over the Great Lakes, gather moisture from the lakes, and dump it on us.

Must be in the Syracuse up to Watertown area? Actually there is a lot of UpState New York that gets that lake effect isn't there?

We get a little of it here in NE Indiana at times - but nothing like you get up there. Your pic is beautiful though. My backyard is pretty full of the white fluffy stuff too - but you really have a bunch there. It is pretty - but no fun to get out in!

Ozzie - I must admit that I have great envy at the moment for you - in fact I thought of you folks down-under just this weekend when I was out working in 0 degree [F] weather this weekend. Bout froze my fannie off! You showed a chart of the temps there all in Celsius - for those of us ignorant Americans - what are the summer temps like there in F?

Jeff [of the too lazy this morning to look up the charts]

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Ozzie - Your chart showed from 15 up to 40 degrees C. Loooked it up - that is about 60 to 105 F. Not bad.

On the other hand my but was freezing at 0 degrees F this week - or about -18C.

I am truly jealous.

Jeff

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Jeff,
    That's what we're finding so pleasant at the moment - the nights are cool.

I always reckon it doesn't matter how hot the day is, so long as it's cool at night and you can get a decent sleep - without the aircon.

• Es
    Es

Melbournes getting some pretty fantastic weather too. Tom we are in for 32 degrees i think and the same for thur.

Dont forget to slip slop slap

es

• rebel8
    rebel8

Right Jeff. Much of Upstate gets that lake effect snow. I think Buffalo is worse because they're closer to the water.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit