Ahhhh, summer's here!!

by ozziepost 45 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I suppose you never get snow during Christmas even in Tasmania or on the highest mountains in Australia.

It has been known to have some freekish weather at Christmas but not generally.

Of course, a great part of Australia has NEVER seen snow.

That's not ever. Lucky, eh?

It's one of the reasons they call downunder "The Lucky Country" I guess!!

• Latte
    Latte

Ozzie,

Perth often gets some scorchers - it's in a cool spell at the moment.

I would gladly settle for a 'cool spell!....those temperatures look sooo good to me!

I spoke with my sister the other day...she was supposed to come back to the UK in November, but chose to stay over there we will miss her on Xmas day :(

Ever time I speak with my 'little sis' she seems so relaxed and happy, which make us really pleased that she is there i guess. One has to bear in mind though that her partner is a one very chilled out KIWI. He's gorgeous!!

Latte

• greendawn
    greendawn

Obviously it's great to have plenty of sunshine and mild winters but not one Christmas with snow? And nowhere to ski in the winter?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Whoa! Steady on, greendawm!

"not one Christmas with snow?"

True. BTW it has never snowed in Sydney, nor has the temperature ever got down to freezing point.

"nowhere to ski in the winter?"

of course there is! we have the Victorian Alps and in NSW the Snowy Mountains. There's quite a bit of snow there, but only in winter. BTW that's how Australia does well (better than the UK?) in the Winter Olympics.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Believe it or not Canberra had a white Christmas one year in the 70's. Freakish weather!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

bloody hell ozzie, no need to rub salt in the wound

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit