• ozziepost
    ozziepost

wombat:

Ah, youse banana-landers!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

katie:

PS do you have any more pics?

Yep, sure have. When you get to know me more, you can see 'em.

• rebel8
    rebel8

In case you get hot and need to cool off, here's a picture of what my back yard looks like now. We expect more snow this week.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

OMG - rebel, what a beautiful photo. How deep is that snow? What a fabulous back yard. Just fantastic!

• rebel8
    rebel8

I'm guessing about 2 feet of accumulation in that part of the yard, which I think is about half a metre. We've gotten more snow than that but some of it melts. In a few months I'll try to remember to take a different pic for you. By February the snow banks are over our heads. The towns actually have to rent space from private owners to stash the extra snow when they plow. I'm near the Great Lakes so we get what is called lake effect snow....the storms move over the Great Lakes, gather moisture from the lakes, and dump it on us.

We were lucky to get a lot that borders farm land, so we have lots of privacy. Once in a while the cows come up to the fence and poop, which is not fun on a hot humid day (stinky). We also have some wild critters, like foxes and coyotes.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

rebel8:

That scene looks beautiful, rebel, but what's all that white stuff? Is it what they call snow?

• rebel8
    rebel8

What's that white stuff? Sorry, can't...type........hands.........frozen.............

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Don't worry, rebel, I think after a few days of 40 degrees (celsius) we'll be wishing for some of that snow!

• Mary
    Mary

That's right Ozzie----rub it in........I'll be doin' a post to see how your winter is next July. We've been freezing our asses off for the last 3 or 4 weeks up here in the Great White North----and winter isn't officially here for another 2 days...........

• Dune
    Dune

I had no idea that Aussies had different seasons than us till up till a few months ago. lol. Thats Americans for ya

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit