"THIS IS JEHOVAH'S HOUSE..." GAG!

by stillAwitness 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

(Acts 17:24-25) The God that made the world and all the things in it, being, as this One is, Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in handmade temples, neither is he attended to by human hands as if he needed anything, because he himself gives to all [persons. . .

• heathen
    heathen
    wouldn't he be insulted by the multitudes of Witnesses who fail to flush his toilets or wash their hands after using them?

Don't give them any ideas there . I was told my car was too dirty to park in their lot one time . Wait a minute , didn't jehovah make dirt ? perhaps I am making a dirt offering .

• Cellist
    Cellist

OK, I stand corrected. Information board. I haven't been inside a KH for 14 years and I am thankfully starting to forget the terminology. This fine Service Meeting part was shortly before we quit, around '90/91. If I remember correctly, it was a part out of the KM.

The only thing I was ever called into the back room by the elders for was to help them identify a plant substance. Someone turned in what they said was marijuana and for some reason the elders thought I might be able to help.

Cellist

• heathen
    heathen
    Someone turned in what they said was marijuana and for some reason the elders thought I might be able to help.

LOL . The congregation stoner eh? Jeezus I know I couldn't stand being around those people under the influence or straight . Worst day of my life was when I should up to an assembly with a hangover .......

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

JWs can be so uptight about some things, though I agree with Willow on this one that it is appropriate to teach kids manners, but then again these poor kids were probably up late and anxious from sitting all those hours and needed to burn off some steam.

I remember one morning when the sisters met to go out in service and no brother came so when it was time to conduct a service meeting the sister were in search for a head covering--one sister said the only thing I have in my possesion is a clean diaper--she was halfway joking, but "sister with the stick up her butt" came unglued. That would be an insult to Jehovah she said angryly! At that she got up in a huff and steamed out of the KH and didn't even go out in service that day. There is a JW term for it--righteous indignation or being jealous for Jehovah. I think it was just an excuse to let off steam.

cybs

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    I thought I had forgotten all about this b/s that used to spew from peoples mouths at the Kingdom Hall.

Me too. It was called "Jehovahs house way back in the day. What I remember most vividly was a "talk" where a story was told about someone who had been in a Kingdom Hall during an earthquake and even though the wall fell down he was safe. I remember being told that when Armageddon hit (pre 1975) that the safest place to be was going to be in the Kingdom Hall. So better not miss even one meeting because that would be the day it hit.

• heathen
    heathen
    I remember being told that when Armageddon hit (pre 1975) that the safest place to be was going to be in the Kingdom Hall.

OMG --- What they build secret portals in them so as to evade Gods wrath on the world ?

that one with the diaper had ROTFLMAO ............................

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    The children are so valued. If they wander around during services, so be it. You are an adult and you can concentrate. If they get bored and they want to go in the back room to play, so be it.~Lisa

Lisa I'm so happy you and your baby boy had a good experience at church. That is how it is at my church too. We love the children and treat them like the little princes and princesses they are. We teach love through games and art and giving. If we have behavior problems we solve them with posative reinforcement, the children can easily earn points to trade them for gifts in our little display. Children never get spanked in the bathrooms(GAG) We have a fun nursery, basketball court, game court. I get the older kids and teens to participate in charities. We teach LOVE, GRACE, MERCY, GIVING, and we do it in age apropiate ways.

I never thought I'd ever be so involved in church after life as a JW. I remember being a child and being told thet if I even peeked inside the cool church across from the Kingdom Hall, it was quite possible demons could jump me. LOVE, there's nothing else like it in the world!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Lisa:

The children are so valued. If they wander around during services, so be it. You are an adult and you can concentrate. If they get bored and they want to go in the back room to play, so be it. My little guy asked me this morning, Mom when can we go to church again? I like church! The JW have really missed the boat on this one too.

I do so agree. At our church we decided to change one of our morning services (we have two, one at 8:30 and the other at 10 o'clock) We changed the 10 o'clock to a family Service where it's styled much like you describe. The 'oldies' can choose to go to a differently styled, more traditional service at 8:30 if they wish but the results of us changing the 10 o'clock have been outstanding! We now have about 60 children coming, along with their families, as well as our regulars. incredible! It's also encouraged adults to be come and be converted too.

Like you say, the Watchtower's missed the boat with the young.

• rebel8
    rebel8

What did they say was wrong with the term "bulletin board"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit