"THIS IS JEHOVAH'S HOUSE..." GAG!

by stillAwitness 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    not to play on the stage

Remember the "theocratic language"? We weren't to call it the stage, it was "the platform"!!

• rebel8
    rebel8

I guess there are mixed messages on this teaching (what a shock). Now that you mention it, I do remember the no selling Avon rule (but it was ok to do it in the parking lot).

I remember once my mother calling around trying to get direction about disposing of old/duplicate literature. She wanted to know if it was ok to get rid of old bound volumes that she had duplicates of. She asked if she should throw them out or burn them like you do a flag, so it wouldn't be desecrated in the trash. She is a wacko though.

• VM44
    VM44

ozziepost wrote:
    not to play on the stage
    Remember the "theocratic language"? We weren't to call it the stage, it was "the platform"!!

"Stage" sounds too much like a place for "acting"!

Of course we all know that no "acting" has ever taken place on "the platform"!

--VM44

• TopHat
    TopHat

I see that the Witnesses are falling into the trap of Idol worship...Not a good thing! However, the little kiddies should have more respect for the KH as for any building they enter.

Jeremiah 10:1-16 -- Hear what the Lord says to you, O house of Israel. This is what the Lord says:
    "Do not learn the ways of the nations
    or be terrified by signs in the sky,
    though the nations are terrified by
    them.
    For the customs of the peoples are
    worthless;
    they cut a tree out of the forest,
    and a craftsman shapes it with his
    chisel.
    They adorn it with silver and gold;
    they fasten it with hammer and nails
    so it will not totter.
    Like a scarecrow in a melon patch,
    their idols cannot speak;
    they must be carried
    because they cannot walk.
    Do not fear them;
    they can do no harm
    nor can they do any good."

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I thought I had forgotten all about this b/s that used to spew from peoples mouths at the Kingdom Hall.

I remember running and charging about outside in the foyer area and I was stopped by someone who I cant remember and they boomed...'STOP RUNNING...THIS IS JEHOVAHS HOUSE'.

For some reason I always wished that I had said something to the tune of....'well why dont you get Jehovah to come down and stop me then?'....that wouldve scoobied the fu**wit!

DB74

• willowmoon
    willowmoon

I never heard the the speakers' platform referred to as Jehovah's throne, but if someone wants to view it with that degree of respect, there's nothing wrong with it.

It IS Jehovah's house because it's where we gather as a group to worship Him. It really just comes back to common courtesy -- showing respect and good manners in another's house or property. Children can and should be taught the appropriate places to run around and play.

willow

• sinis
    sinis

I remember, just before we quit, there was a meeting part that admantly stated that the Kingdom Hall was holy. No "thank you" card, invitations or announcements could be put on the bulletin board without the elders' approval because it was holy. There was a big long list of things that couldn't be at the KH, not even outside. Also, it was inappropriate to put a drum beat behind the "Kingdom Melodies" because it was holy music.

Cellist

No, no, no... its the Information Board! I know this well as when I was a MS I "slipped" during an announcement and said Bulletin Board and after the Service Meeting I got the ass chewing of the century by the Service Overseer (what a prick)!

• LDH
    LDH

Wow, what a reminder of how stupid they are.

Yesterday I attended Christmas Service at the church of a close family friend. It is a multi-ethnic church with white black brown yellow sitting side by side, and a small congregation at that. Some thirty or so. About ten of the thirty are children under the age of ten.

My little guy hasn't been since he was two or so, so it was basically his first time at church. It was a very short service about Christmas, then the kids did a pageant. They used the entire altar or stage or whatever you want to call it. My little guy was not a rehearsed part of it but he was not to be left out. He went and joined in right at the front and wandered all over.

The congregation was beaming from ear to ear at these little boogers. Then the kids went in the back room to play with <gasp> TOYS.

After service was over, the children were treated to Christmas surprises, a goodie basket and toy.

The children are so valued. If they wander around during services, so be it. You are an adult and you can concentrate. If they get bored and they want to go in the back room to play, so be it.

My little guy asked me this morning, Mom when can we go to church again? I like church!

The JW have really missed the boat on this one too.

Lisa

If the Kingdom Hall is Jehovah's House, wouldn't he be insulted by the multitudes of Witnesses who fail to flush his toilets or wash their hands after using them?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

But what if his eyes which roll about the earth trip an elderly sister??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit