Beware is this a new Elder tatic to get you?

by skyman 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cheezy
    cheezy

Welcome, Sthilman!

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Im glad I read this thread. I could have imagined myself opening my door to two elders thinking that no harm can come of it. But now Im thinking other wise. I certainly dont want some wacko religous cult making an announcement from their pulpit slandering my name. Next time two elders stop buy I'll tell them that Im on my way out. (edited to add) P.S. Welcome to the forum sthilman.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I don't want to break any rules but I would tell the elders who were harassing me in no uncertain terms that if they even THOUGHT my name I would hunt them down and put them in the hospital...

• freydi
    freydi

MEETINGS--Elders in Court of Inquiry Question 1916

Question(1916) "Is it proper for the elders to sit at a court of inquiry and cite any supposed to be walking in a disorderly manner to appear before them and explain their conduct? Or should the Lord's advice given in Matthew 18:15-18 be followed?" Answer: "I agree with the suggestion of the question that it should be handled in harmony with the Lord's direction in the passage cited. The Lord's word does not authorize any court of the Elders, or anyone else, to become busybodies. This would be going back to the practices of the Dark Ages during the inquisition; and woud be showing the same spirit as did the inquisitors......We should have confidence in the Lord." What Pastor Russell Said P479

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Kingdom+Hall+Jehovah%27s+Witnesses+rockland+massachusetts&btnG=Google+Search click me

See what i did to the flunky hacks that broke up my family,you pledge to do the same to them if they wrong you.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Hi sthilman, and welcome to the forum.

I would definitely go with the threat of legal action if they decide to make an announcement about you. I guess after several years away you don't really want to be part of their religion any more, but that still doesn't give them the right to throw you out. Good luck.

dedpoet

• garybuss
    garybuss

Just remember when one Witness calls on the phone there may be another on the extension. They did that to me once. I didn't care and I laughed at them. They hung up on me and they called me. I think since Dan Adams got elected Watch Tower president the Witnesses are acting out all the old "Get Smart" TV episodes. What a bunch of losers! Hahahaha

For conscientious cussedness on the grand scale, no other aggregation of Americans is a match for Jehovah’s Witnesses. Stanley High, The Saturday Evening Post, September 14, 1940 The Way I See it http://www.freeminds.org/buss/buss.htm

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Reminds me of the rule about not inviting a vampire into your house. LOL

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

You can tell the elders that you will go to the newspapers/media, which is what we did. When Joel was DF'd, we wrote a letter to the editor of the local newspaper. The regional paper decided to do a story on shunning because of learning of what we wrote. JWs hate negatie publicity.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/100193/1725346/post.ashx#1725346

MAJOR SHUNNING ARTICLE SPOKESMAN REVIEW WASHINGTON

Although it has not stopped the local congregation from shunning me (there has not been an announcement at the KH that I am "no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses"), my sister and my mother are still talking to me because the local congregation has not pursued taking action against me. We can only imagine what this has done to the local door-to-door ministry. We are well known in our community and have had only positive feedback and support.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

He should not attend the judicial meeting. This is taken as showing he does not recognise himself as a Jehovahs Witness. As he has not been one for 10 years they should leave him alone.

I am currently exploring legal options and when i have more information i will post it as a new thread. I have just spoken to the bethel legal department and they do not consider the laws of the land to apply to them in disfellowshipping situations. The following thread has good information. It shows the probable futility of legal action, but gives some letters you can give to hopefully scare the elders off.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/88660/1.ashx

Seeker wrote a good letter. Say that after 10 years away you are not recognised as a JW and so need not be harrassed according to the elders handbook. Then use information from one of the letters to scare the elders off, making it all seem too hard. Either a cease and desist legal order or a request for copious amounts of written work before you can decide if it would be wise to meet with them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit