why disfellowshipped?

by knothead34 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Amongst other things one of my disfellowshipping offences was "murder" - I was so unhappy that I tried to kill myself when I was 16. But hey I can't say they weren't loving - they waited til I got out of hospital!

• forsharry
    forsharry

Oh that's fabulous! Let's kick 'er while she's down. What a bunch of bastards. That really bites, Crumpet.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I can laugh about it now forsharry - but it does get my goat when we get people commenting on why some of us are bitter. I think I have every right to be bitter - but I wasted enough of my life already being a witness - its silly to waste anymore being bitter so I endeavour not to.

And I have to say also you look downright adorable in the new avatar! let me guess - you were dfed for being disfellowshipping-bait!

• forsharry
    forsharry

hehehehe. Disfellowshipping-bait eh? :)

Oh that pleases me mightily, Crumpet! You made my day :) I'm glad you like my avatar. It was one of the first digital pictures of me that I actually liked, flash trail and all.

I guess that's close enough. I was being Apostafabulous! I was told to shut my mouth and mind my place. Boy oh boy was that the wrong thing to say to a redhead. The powers that be did some pretty rotten things to my family and in the process tore it apart. I was looking for answers and receiving nothing but "Shut the hell up," basically. And considering I never was a roll over and play dead kind of a witness it only served to make me angrier and angrier and angrier. I can get quite combatant when I'm angry.

I figured you were in a better place now, but to do that to a person who was at the lowest of the low, and believe me, I know all about it (Is also a potential member of the Self-Termination Club), that adding badness on top of someone who is in a highly precarious position mentally is abuse, plain and simple.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Welcome to the board

I took the liberty of reading some of your earlier posts, because I hadn't read any of them before, and your quesiton seemed a little abrupt and personal (especially given that it inquires into something that has caused a lot of heartache and family disruption, for many). You've not been here long, but you'll probably come to realise that it's a great bunch of folks, though there are certain things that push people's buttons. Methinks you found one

I'm not bitter in the slightest, even though I lost my wife and family, when I left the JWs. You could say that I knew the consequences, but that doesn't asuage the pain, even though I decided to leave of my own accord.

My turning point was in coming to realise that the WTS had been frugal with the truth about what the bible says of Jesus. I was to find many other inconsistencies and even blatant mistruths, but that was later.

I was raised a JW, as were my parents before me. I was an Elder and knew and taught their doctrines with zeal. Perhaps it true what they say, that if you study hard enough you'll uncover more than you bargained for. Having a sense of integrity, for me it would affect all my social and familial circles when I finally Disassociated at the end of my last Public Talk.

I apologise in advance, but I will conclude with a short sentence of advise, even though I know it wasn't requested: "Run Forrest, run!!!".

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    The grounds for being disfellowship is very clear in the Bible. It is not hard to figure that out.

go on then...please tell me

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

There's allegedly only one ground for Disfellowshipping. In many of the cases on this site, that ground was not met (I'm thinking of Tij's case, for one example). Oh, and it's not "apostacy"

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

hey LT... dont tell smartone the answer.....

cordelia would be another example

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I was never baptized, therefore I never got disfellowshipped. I only had my "Unbaptized publisher" title taken away. I quit going to the meetings for many reasons. I wasn't happy, I saw a lot of hypocricy, and the whole "donation arrangement" kinda shook me. Let's see, put money in the contribution box to collect your FS magazines, and then collect donations to put in the box as well? Something's not right. Someone sounds like they're money hungry. I thought, "Isn't this supposed to be about vindicating Jehovah's name? After all, it costs pennies to make these publications!"

I didn't get the whole "no beards" rule. I also noticed the artificial smiles on people, including my mother who was a completely different person at the KH.

When I had my shepherding call after not being out in service for 6 months, I told them I needed some time away. I was told in return that I would be toast when armageddon comes. At that time, I didn't care. I wanted my freedom, and I was willing to risk becoming toast for it. If Jehovah didn't find me to be a genuinely good person without this restrictive religion, fine. Let him destroy me.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Crumpet,

hey I can't say they weren't loving - they waited til I got out of hospital!

A friend of mine in a similar situation had his JC right in the hospital. He was not df'd though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit