there may be many like defd

by justicehope 38 Replies latest jw friends

• justicehope
    justicehope

Hi: I am a bit nervous making a reply. I find it a bit challenging to gather my thoughts and express them in the written forum, but her goes! I have been coming to this site for years. I can so identify with the experiences and feeling of many. I am semi-active witness. The many experiences have resulted in my being a fringe witness. I have felt anger and hate toward the organization at different times, however I still find in general it is were my faith still lies. I am just very cautious and not naive. People aren't perfect so no organization can be. I feel a bond with most of the posters here because most of us have come from the same place. You don't commit thousands and thousands of hours to something that you don't believe in. This does not excuse the behavior or idiosyncrasies of most of the members, including many of us. I still feel in the balance, the teaching we learned from "the bible" makes sense and are worth believing. After all we all are going to believe something as become evident from the postings. So I drove in today after years to say I appreciate the balance defd provides and there many be many more who feel the same.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Glad to see you, but I have to say that I avoid reading anything that defd says because it's like sending my brain back in time to when I was offensively self-righteous. * edited for clarity of expression and manners *

• Honesty
    Honesty

Hello and Good to meet you!!!

Defd probably will no longer be a Jehovah's Witness within a year. I mean, just how much truth about the truth can someone ingest before they realise the Watchtower Society is the voice of Satan.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you are here, I hope that you can help give some of us some insight as to how people can remain in the borg knowing all is not "right", I know it would help me better understand my family which is still all in when they "know" many of the things I know that made me leave.

• blindersoff
    blindersoff
    I hope that you can help give some of us some insight as to how people can remain in the borg knowing all is not "right",

I remember talking to people at the door and coming away puzzled when some would admit they didn't agree with their church, but stuck with it anyway. The same influences are at work here I suppose.

I never quit a job unless I had another to go to, etc. It is difficult to adjust to the concept that there must be one & only one ORGANIZATION. The idea of being a Christian without an organization is so different from what we have been taught. So they may stay simply because they have not found any other org. that is any better. I think that is why when many learn the truth about 'the truth', it destroys thir faith in all organized religion.

A very important issue with some is that they are not ready to deal with the stresses that come from being shut out by family who are still captive.

IMHO

B

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome and nice to hear from you. There is no need to be nervous, no one knows who you are, so you can say whatever you feel.

I like having dfed here because you can not discuss a point without having both sides of the argument.

My concern with the WTS is that the emphasis on the organisation, a word you included in the post, takes away from the worship of God and Jesus, two words that you did not mention. I find that so much of the conversation I have with JWs is about the Organisation, the rules, the requirements, and so little about faith in God. So much about being glad to belong to the organisation, the worldwide brotherhood, and so little about belonging to the Christ.

However if you can find the spirituality you need as a Witness and are realistic about it all, then it may be a good place for you to be, only you can determine that. At least being here can give you some balance and other points of view, something that many JWs miss out on.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I like having dfed here because you can not discuss a point without having both sides of the argument.

I beg your pardon???? Did he ever answer ONE QUESTION. If so I missed it. Fill me in please

• Carol
    Carol

Touche' Mouthy.....I've also missed any answers he may have given....from work, using his employer's time and equipment!

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Personally I also like hearing both sides, and the fact that often when I read the 'debates' I can clearly see the flaws in the JW argument just cement my ever growing non-faith. I think this site would be very boring without ones who can put across the JW point of view and have it torn to shreds!!

Poppy x

• defd
    defd

Defd probably will no longer be a Jehovah's Witness within a year.

I have learned over the yaers to never say never. 1corinthians 10:12 I work on what you said to never happen.Being in here is no different from going door to door. I hear everything. All sides. So I do not think just because I am here and hearing all the complaints that it will take me out. I have said this before, that it makes me STRONGER and a better Witness being here. I understand alot that I didnt before so thank yall very much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit