there may be many like defd

by justicehope 38 Replies latest jw friends

• defd
    defd

justicehope

Thanks for the props. Just becareful here. If you ever wanna talk you can Private message me.

D.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Justicehope

Great first post! I'm a fringe JW too, and still believe the basic doctrines, though not crazy about org procedures and the direction things are moving in.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Just becareful here. If you ever wanna talk you can Private message me.

D.

Touche! touche! D Dont you know GOD goes behind closed doors. Even if the Elders dont know your here GOD DOES!!! It is not being done in a corner you know. Warning folks to be careful of us!!! Just lets us see what kind of a GOOD GUY some of them THINK you are. You are decietful if you are suppossed to be a loyal JW yet are breaking the ELDERS rules.One of them is to stay of the net..... God sees all my friend.....You either beelieve it is ruled by Jehovah or you dont get off the pot or use it buddy.

• Andrea Wideman
    Andrea Wideman

Welcome to the board Justicehope. It is good to hear from you. Andrea

• mouthy
    mouthy

bttp

• glitter
    glitter

Welcome!

People aren't perfect so no organization can be.

Is *God* perfect? If so, how is it possible for His Organisation not to be? If the Society is just imperfect men, then how can they be better than other organisations made of imperfect men - like the Catholics?

• glitter
    glitter

Welcome!

People aren't perfect so no organization can be.

Is *God* perfect? If so, how is it possible for His Organisation not to be? If the Society is just imperfect men, then how can they be better than other organisations made of imperfect men - like the Catholics?

• 2Stepper
    2Stepper

Welcome Justicehope. I'm new here myself and have the same problem with expressing my thoughts and I was nervous about posting here too but now that I'm an old timer (I'll have twice as many posts as you) it's not so bad.

I have felt anger and hate toward the organization at different times, however I still find in general it is were my faith still lies.

I can identify with those feelings completely. When I left the witnesses I had all sorts of issues with the organization but I still believed that it was the truth and that my not being associated with the organization meant that I had no access to God. After a long time I came to the conclusion that Jehovah's Witnesses did not have the truth but I still had all of their teachings imbeded in my brain so as I set out again to find God I put my faith in finding the correct doctrine and in my own works. Well that didn't work out too well for me either. I studied and researched the Bible untill I was blue in the face and found that the more I learned the less I knew. I also tried working harder at being the kind of person that God would approve of and had the same results that I did as a witness. I could never do enough or well enough. I came to the point where I had all but given up when I finally figured out that I had been putting my faith in the wrong things all along. When I put my faith in Christ and him alone everything got better. I still don't understand a lot of things in the Bible but that's okay. I don't think that God is going to make us take a written review. I still do things that I shouldn't be doing and I don't always do the things that I should be doing and that's okay too because now instead of feeling condemed and unworthy I feel loved and forgiven and I am growing. Little by little I am becoming the kind of person that I tried so hard to be like before only now it's because I want too, not because I feel like I have to or because someone is telling me that I need to live my life according to a bunch of rules that aren't even in the Bible.

Anyway that's where I am now and it only took me 55 years to get here. Welcome to the board and I hope to get to know you better.

• Bryan
    Bryan
    Being in here is no different from going door to door.

Well, if that's the case Defd, I suppose you have told your congo elders that you're here?

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• defd
    defd

Well, if that's the case Defd, I suppose you have told your congo elders that you're here?

Wow, I cant emphisis this ENOUGH. I DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE ELDERS AND WHAT THEY THINK! It is Jesus and God I worry about. Elders are not Priest that we run to and confess. Maybe that is why alot of people head out the door, they are serving the Elders instead of jehovah!

D.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit