THE NEWS IS BIGGER THAN DATELINE, BBC, CBC, ETC.

by AndersonsInfo 1093 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Great poem, Jourles!

• cheezy
    cheezy

Cute, Jourles. Do not, under any circumstances, give up your day job.

• MaryAppleDiamond
    MaryAppleDiamond

Can anyone help me??? Looking for the account you spoke of where a woman is raped in the wilderness and takes an oath. I found a similar one where a husband suspects his wifes' infidelity and she takes an oath in Numbers 5. Is this the account you're talking about or is there another?

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

luv the poem jourles

luv, jojo

• Jourles
    Jourles

Do not, under any circumstances, give up your day job.

Hey! I only recently found this little talent of mine. The thing is, I don't know if I could ever do a serious poem. The one's I've done all have a comedic structure. It's fun to do though.

• cheezy
    cheezy

However, I have absolutely no faith in the intelligence of the majority of the r&f. They`ll probably swallow ever little lame excuse the GB can come up with.

So true! For the most part the r/f are not in it based on intellectual reasoning, but based on their emotional vulnerabilities. So appeals based on logic, truth and reality don't particularly impress them.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"However, I have absolutely no faith in the intelligence of the majority of the r&f. They`ll probably swallow ever little lame excuse the GB can come up with.

So true! For the most part the r/f are not in it based on intellectual reasoning, but based on their emotional vulnerabilities. So appeals based on logic, truth and reality don't particularly impress them. "

Appeals based on logic, truth and reality are the only good tools we have. They are much more effective than the emotional tools. You could say the whole child-molestation debacle was an emotional appeal to all JW's, but we staved off the Devil with logic in reasoning that it was simply a smear campaign by apostates. THe fact is, most JW's will rationalize however they need to in order to maintain continuity of belief and thought. Unless THEY THEMSELVES change due to some event in their own life, few will be convinced of any evidence against the WTS.

I was raised as a witness, pioneered, went to bethel, pioneered again, an ms since i was 18 years old. I had pretty strong faith, but then something huge happened to me and my outlook was changed. I didn't know the full implications of that change for a few years afterward - I am still figuring it out - but look where it has led me thus far. I was on the 'elder-track' and wanted desperately to be approved and respected by my family, but due to that specific experience I couldn't care less anymore. It also changed my core approach to life....

My point is that little we say or do will change the way the average JW will live their life - we cannot change people, we can only change ourselves. And that goes for our beloved family members.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Thanks for posting this response, Gregor. I am copying it and re-posting it. It needs to be sent out in billbord form, 6.5 million times over: Several have mentioned their concern and empathy for aged JW family members who might be badly hurt if, indeed, the WTB&TS is truly discredited. I would just like to remind everyone that JW's bread and butter mission has always been to destroy the faith of others. This has been done by, among other things, walking up to their doors on Sunday morning and trying to engage them in dialogue that has the ultimate goal of undermining, in many cases, their deepest religous/spiritual beliefs. BOTTOM LINE: If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

If it is Blood......?

Hmmmm hasnt it been alluded to that this "big news"would affect a lot of Religions aswell as Witnesses?Arent JW,s the only ones concerned with the Blood issue?

I dunno...me 'eads spinning trying to take it all in........

• M.J.
    M.J.

Time to consult my "Jump to conclusions" mat...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit