PROGRAMED – working out the dark side in art

by seven006 69 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

I haven’t posted much lately because…well just because. In the past year I have tried
    to start my conversion from commercial art to fine art doing mostly nudes. I have done fine art off and on my whole life but have never really had my heart or mind into it. It’s just something I could always do and took for granted like walking and talking. I have never been emotionally attached to my art like most artist seem to be.

A well known and successful artist friend of mine (who I have always driven crazy with my lack of passion for art) has always told me I would never take my art seriously, or have any passion for it until I worked out my dark side with my art. I didn’t even notice I had a dark side until I started posting on ex-JW sites like this one. Dammed if I didn’t have one. Big surprise to me! Not such a big surprise to everyone else.

I am pretty sure I have worked it out with some of my posts on these sites as well as spending some time with a few of you crazy but wonderful people. I think I’m fairly well adjusted to it all now…with just a few loose ends. One being my art. So, I thought I would take my friends advice and see if a dark side would come out in my art. Here is the first of several more to come where I am expressing it artistically. Iv wanted to do this image for a long time. I just thought it was a little too… well, dark. It’s how I felt growing up as a JW kid.

I don’t think I’m the only one on this board who may have felt this way once they got out. Some of you may not like it, but at least you might understand it.

It’s called “programmed”.

Dave

I'm using a Mac so the image might not show op in this thread.

http://www.maloneillustration.com/art/fineart/programed.jpg

• seven006
    seven006

Damn, it didn’t show up. This site hates Macs.

Here is a link to the site. It’s under the digital fine art section.

http://www.maloneillustration.com/fineart2.html

• Narkissos
  • Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I really like it. Keep up the good work.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Dave, I fail to see a dark side in your art -- I see a very CREATIVE side to you, though, and a haunting cynicism in the head with the typing keys on top. The nudes are just beautiful -- I love the sepia tones and the backgrounds. Your work belongs in a museum!

Nina

• Kaput
    Kaput

Awesome! I really like the pyramids around the eyes! Very appropriate!

• seven006
    seven006

Thanks Nark.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wanna

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

nice work dave,

do you paint too?

naturally, i went looking for the nudes, i found them here: http://www.maloneillustration.com/fineart2.html

i dig the nudes man. i like shower1 and that one with the model on the crucifix of money. GIVE i think. have you had any giclées done of these?

re dark side: Dammed if I didn’t have one. Big surprise to me! Not such a big surprise to everyone else.

i know what you mean...

ts

• seven006
    seven006

TS,

I use to paint years ago, Iv had work in a few art books and magazines. Now I’m all digital. Less mess to clean up and trying to stay up with the cutting edge stuff.

Yes, I have had a few giclees printed. I am waiting to get a larger body of work done before I get serious about printing and selling. Right now I am going to try and get through this dark side stuff and make a few art fanatics happy. Then I’ll get back to the nudes. It’s not as easy to get the girl next door to get naked and let me shoot photos of her as it use to be.

Maybe I should do landscapes, it’s a bitch getting old.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit