Did anything violent happen at the KH or Bookstudy when you were a JW?

by booker-t 23 Replies latest jw friends

• booker-t
    booker-t

I will never forget when I was a JW and was attending the bookstudy on a Mon night a man broke into the Bookstudy which was in the elder's garage and pulled out a gun. He shot the father of the JW teenage girl he was secretly dating. Apparently the girl's father had forbidden her to date this non-JW man in his 40's. The girl was rebellous and ran off with this guy a few years later. She was disassociated from the congregation and I have not heard about her since. I ran into her kid sister the other day and her sister told me that the girl move to another state to be with this man. Her dad passed away last year but i will always remember that gun being pulled out and the gunshot noise. The police were called and the father was rushed to the hospital. The bullet nicked his arm and he wore a sling for awhile. I was wondering did anything violent ever happen in your KH or bookstudy?

• skyman
    skyman

Yes on a Sunday a Husband came and was going to kill his wife for attending the meeting. The police was called and he left, But not before a swing were swung at the Elders. I have to say since no one was hurt it was a very exciting event.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I've had some pretty violent gastro-intestinal movements in the bathroom....

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I can recall an incident many years ago at a Kingdom Hall.

It happened to Mrs Ozzie's brother who was 14 years old at the time.

A particularly loud-mouthed "brother" in the congregation took it upon himself to correct B-I-L in the middle of the Kingdom Hall - his correction consisted of beating him up!!

Yep, that's right, in the middle of th Kingdom Hall!!!

I guess some good did come out of it, B-I-L never ever went into a KH again!!

• willyloman
    willyloman

Yes, a number of people were killed spiritually and emotionally. Most of them have not recovered.

• serendipity
    serendipity

There were physical assaults at nearly every meeting where fidgety kids were present.

• blakky
    blakky

I remember a while back .. in western sydney.

Some one broke into the KH at nite, put a nail bomb under the speakers platform.

The bomb went off during the public talk. Heaps of people were injured, and i think some people even died.

The elders and pretty much everyone in the cong knew who did it, but couldnt pin on him. It was a husband of a sister in the cong.

Anyways, true to the Jdub spirit a new hall was built, security vamped up.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    It was a husband of a sister in the cong.

My understanding was that it was the irate husband of a newly interested person.

It was the crime investigation authorities who were stymied and couldn't proceed.

A case of "we know you did it, but can't slap it on ya".

It's usually a discussion point among the Sydney R&F: "what happened to......?"

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I had an experience at bethel that shocked me, as i had only been there a couple of months and going through the fitting in stage.

I was walking down the hall and an elder was approaching me from the other direction. He was about 10 years older than me, a confirmed bachelor, quite introverted and a long term bethelite, (who is still there 10 years later). I said hello Sparnzy, addressing him by his nickname that everyone referred to him by, but only behind his back as i quickly found out. He grabbed me by the throat, shoved me into the wall and said "I will kill you if you ever called me that again. My name is Br S...M.... I was a bit upset and eventually told his overseer. The reply was that he is a lot nicer than he used to be and not to worry about it.

A second incidence happened just today. A sister that i grew up with in another state has been sending me an email once a month or so asking me questions about the WTS. Today I received 2 extremely abusive emails from the irate husband that i replied to very carefully, who then forwarded the 4 emails on to an elder in his congregation. His wife then sent an email to the elder an me saying that he had just threatened to fly to my city and slit my throat and then go back and slit hers, but he will not for the sake of the kids. She does not know what to do.

I am really a very gentle person so i don't know why I attract this type of response from people.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

jwfacts:

You've encountered an irate jealous husband!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit