Did anything violent happen at the KH or Bookstudy when you were a JW?

by booker-t 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

At a JW wedding, the wedding party was leaving the KH when a man with blood streaming down his face ran through the parking lot. The PO and another brother chased him down, tackled him and inflicted him with a few more injuries while waiting on the police. They wereoutraged that he had disrupted the wedding. Turns out the man had been attacked and robbed and was running away from the criminals when he happened upon some Christians who proceeded to terrorise him even more so. So much for Christian love from the world of the Watchtower.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

jwfacts - that is appalling! If someone made a threat like that I would definitely slap an injunction on them - have a scary lawyers letter sent promising criminal suits against this man for threatening your life. That is outrageous. I am a jealous person but I would never threaten someone's life!

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Richie offers you his protection.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Hey booker-T....great story.

Next time you feel like sharing. DON'T !!!

LOL - j/k

• wombat
    wombat

Ozziepost.........Possibly a Queenslander on the good old Bundy.

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Holy Spimoly booker t !

No man, no violence at all. Just tedius tedium.

Nate

• blondie
    blondie

A few years ago, a non-JW husband walked into a KH and shot at the brother who had committed adultery with his JW wife. It was in the US news and the WTS actually used it as an example in a publication.

Does anyone remember that and can find the mention in the publication?

*** w91 11/15 p. 22 "An Overseer Must Be . . . Self-Controlled" ***

A few years ago, an elder was disfellowshipped because he had committed adultery with a Christian sister whose husband was not a Witness. On the very night that the disfellowshipping of the former elder was announced, the aggrieved husband strode into the Kingdom Hall with a rifle and fired at the two guilty individuals. Neither of them was killed, and he was at once disarmed, but the next day a major newspaper featured on its front page the news of ‘a shooting at a church.’

• undercover
    undercover

A guy whose wife was a JW, but had an affair with a married brother in the hall busted into the Judicial Committee meeting of the brother and beat the shit out of him. The elders just watched. They later said that "a man reaps what he sows" and that's why they didn't come to his aid.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

My granddad made his own beer and let it ferment under the floor boards where he held the book study. One, very hot, fateful evening during the book study the beer bottles started popping their corks... they had gotten too hot and built up too much pressure.

What and awful fate for such innocent young beer.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

A guy whose wife was a JW, but had an affair with a married brother in the hall busted into the Judicial Committee meeting of the brother and beat the shit out of him. The elders just watched. They later said that "a man reaps what he sows" and that's why they didn't come to his aid. Now those are Elders i would respect

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit