why cant they see how cruel they are??

by Cordelia 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

jgnat you are right, i do know the answers im prob driving everyone mad going round in circles all the time,

i will stick by everything this time as you said maybe it will not be as bad as i think it will!

i just dont want to be the cause of hurting the people i love, and i guess i keep asking coz my family believe the 'truth' so much and keep saying everything will be ok if i just attend the meetings, alittle part of me makes me wonder if it could be true and im making a huge mistake, so i know what i need to do is research abit more then i dont think ill be as confused!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    she screamed at me that i was apostate and satan has got me,

to which the answer is..scream back...WELL HE WOULDNT HAVE DONE IF JEHOVAH HADNT ALLOWED THE ELDERS TO DISFELLOWSHIP ME WRONGLY...

or alternatively smile disarmingly and say...yes that can be the only possible conclusion

tijkmo of the been there been screamed at class

• ballistic
    ballistic

Cordelia, as well as I know you - I find it hard to give advice under such difficult circumstances - and with such personal family relationships involved. You have to realise that anyone giving you advice on here are aware they are influencing you in ways that can be life changing.

However, I feel this has to be said. You state very often that you are confused and undecided. The fact you feel that way is causing you to react spontaneously in the conversations to your parents (and possibly in the situation with your boyfriend too) instead of knowing in your own mind what your plan is. This behaviour comes over as passively aggresive behaviour to the recipient. Instead of facing the facts in your own mind, you may be waiting for a brink of an argument to make the words spill out.

Well, it's difficult, but I see the underlying cause is self confidence. You need to know your own mind and believe in yourself. It takes lots of guts, and I know you have them... but you must believe it. Belief is everything.

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

thanks you too, im seeing my dad on monday for a final goodbye, i can of course change my mind and believe me the way i have been treated recently ive falt like it!

but at the end of the day its a choice of do i want to go to the meetings or not and i dont so ill try and stick by it monday,

thanks tho you two do mean alot to me,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit