Wifely Submission?!

by freedomlover 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Submissive JW women? What is that? Dont think I ever met one. I've been called My Lard instead of My Lord.

Naw but I dont think I'd wed a submissive person. Gotta have your own set of brains in your noggin and be your own person already or you arent spouse material.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

submissive person/wife - jw definition: doormat to wipe your feet on

• blondie
    blondie
    To put all the decision-making power in a social structure in the hands of people who base their claim of authority on the fact that they have a penis is one of the stupidest things imaginable.

Amen, Sister Scully!

Blondie kept reminding the elders that she was not married to them.

You think they would have been thankful.

Blondie

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

lol I just had a flashback to a song called "Detachable Penis" lol

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    Okay, what I want to know is HONESTLY how many of you guys out there were actually attracted to the JW's because of the wifely submission thing? And girls, how many of you actually had issues with the submission thing even when in the org.?

Ok, I guess it's time to 'fess up!

Yep, I have to admit that I loved being in submission to my wife.

Even though she was born and raised in it, she as well as I thought it was a bunch of BS. In so many things she could make better decissions than I could. And vice versa for me! For us it was a mutual sharing of ideas. She handled all of our finances and did a great job. When times were tough, she could stretch a dollar further than I ever imagined. We did everything together.

I could never stand being around married couples where the wife was afraid to make a move because of a domineering husband.

As far as I'm concerned.........the wifely submission thing is a prelude, if not the first step to ABUSE. Especially with JW's

HappyDad

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

MrsJones-

I just had a flashback to a song called "Detachable Penis"

LOL! I forgot about that song....

Happy Dad - Ha Ha Ha! you were the submissive husband. I think if you are going to choose to see the lies of the org. you probably aren't a submissive person by character.

Scully / blondie -

Amen to that again!! LOL

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Many times in conversations a JW man would turn to his wife and say "BE QUIET", and she'd immediately shut up. I never saw any reason for it - it's as though he suddenly felt a need to publicly demonstrate his "headship". This always upset me because I thought it showed a gross disrespect for his spouse. The worst case I saw was when I was newly baptized, and was invited over for dinner to the home of the pioneerâ„¢ who studied with me and his new pioneerâ„¢ wife. While she was preparing dinner he decided it would be a good idea to inspect her record collection in front of me. He went through the records one by one, and when he found one he thought was "questionable" he'd say to her, "What do you think THIS is promoting???" Then he'd angrily through it into a pile on the floor that was destined for the garbage. She meekly put up with it, and I was enraged that this asshole would deliberately disrespect his wife in front of me. And it was deliberate, as though he was trying to teach me how to keep a woman in her place. I got up and told him if he wanted to shit on his wife he'd better not do it in front of me again - or else. Then I walked out.

W

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

The sad part about this was the permission it gave to abusive husbands. I was married to an unbeliever, he was only "witnessed" to on occasion. What was the ONE thing he picked up on? Oh yea. And he was abusive. I saw that from many others too. No, not all abused it, not even most. But then I was not on the inner circle either, as has been mentioned here before the wives with unbelieving mates were lower than pond scum in the congregation pecking order. Who really knows what goes on in a house between partners/spouses? No one would have ever guessed my articulate, friendly, and likeable ex-husband was such an abuser to me and my son. So I really have no idea how pervasive it was.

Anyway, I was never good at that even when I really really tried. I prayed so many times to be more so. I really thought I was a bad bad wife.

Jeez, haven't thought about all that in years.

Sherry

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

This is the story of my life! Even now subconsciously I look for men who can be a bit controlling. I always feel like if a man is not taking charge in some way-telling me I should not be going out tonight, reminding me not to raise my voice at him, letting me know that my top is too low that he isn't doing his job as a man!

I've talked to my psych teacher about this and he says women who have grown up in strict religious households tend to think this way. I've had to deal with abusive relationships and finally now I am learning what is acceptable and not acceptable. But then sometimes I am accused of being too "stubborn"????

So which is it? How do you seperate being overly-rigid and stubborn towards a man and but still being able to keep him from controlling you?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Anyone remember this gem?

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit