Wifely Submission?!

by freedomlover 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Okay, what I want to know is HONESTLY how many of you guys out there were actually attracted to the JW's because of the wifely submission thing? And girls, how many of you actually had issues with the submission thing even when in the org.?

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

LOL.....oh the submission of the wife.

I was never ever like that. I will never submit to anyone. I told my husband before we got married the honor and obey part was out. He agreed.(I made him agree ..j/k)

Brooke

• serendipity
    serendipity

I'm not a submissive person and this was a major roadblock for me to consider marrying a JW.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    And girls, how many of you actually had issues with the submission thing even when in the org.?

On the surface I didn't have issues with it. But now I know better. There were times when my husband was shoving his ideas down my throat and using the Bible to do it.

OK I was going to give examples but I think I will hold on to them for now

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Brooke,

why is the "honor" part unacceptable? honor doesn't mean worship or homage. It just means to esteem or to render high respect. I would think that any couple would want to do that to their partner.

-Eduardo

• young hearts, be free..
    young hearts, be free..

Hi Freedomlover!!!!

I could never agree with the submission bullshit, neither could my sister. I was "courting" a girl when I was in, and we both thought it was shit too - there was no way we were going to have those policies in our life if we were going to get married....Jeez, she even wanted to keep her surname which suited me fine, didn't concern me one bit. Personally, I'm not attracted to submissive, quiet girls - all the women in my life are pretty strongwilled and (thank Allah) can think for themselves

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Cool, young hearts be free, we'd get along good then!

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

I suppouse that you have your husbands approval to ask this question.

• young hearts, be free..
    young hearts, be free..

I'd say so !! Just don't sit by me at the meeting on sunday, or we'll have to make an engagement announcement If you do however, I must have the outside seat just in case the brothers need me urgently for important privileges such as the mic's or to say prayer I have 5 sisters, 2 neices and 1 mother - none are Jw's so fortunately I had a balanced and normal view of women despite the inculcation of God's Word, lol...

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Brooke,

why is the "honor" part unacceptable? honor doesn't mean worship or homage. It just means to esteem or to render high respect. I would think that any couple would want to do that to their partner.

-Eduardo

Honor part wasn't taken out....As in many vows they say "Honor and Obey" together. As when we were at a wedding before ours I said I wouldn't say that. Unless he did. He completely agreed. I said Honor among other things. Don't make it out to be more than it is. My point wasn't on Honor it was Obey as to the topic of "Submission". If my husband were too come on here he would say he is one Lucky Bastard! Brooke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit