Wifely Submission?!

by freedomlover 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• luna2
    luna2

I'd had a bellyfull of being told what, how, when to do things in my non-dub marriage. After hearing what's expected of a JW wife, I completely lost interest in doing the marriage thing again. Saw too many Jdub marriages that were pretty dysfunctional. I'm sure there were some good ones too but I liked being head of my own household, thank you very much. LOL

• bigwilly
    bigwilly
    not attracted to submissive, quiet girls - all the women in my life are pretty strongwilled and (thank Allah) can think for themselves

Couldn't have said it better myself! Much of the reason I was so attracted to my wife was the fact that she is so independent. I've never been attracted to the submissive types.

Big Willy

• freedomlover
    freedomlover
    Lazyslob - I suppouse that you have your husbands approval to ask this question

LOL! yeah, he finally gave me permission to ask. No j/k - he has never been a JW husband that way. I couldn't have married someone like that.....

Now that we're out he's a little worried about how unsubmissive I may become now!! ha ha

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

I'd like to think my wife honours and respects me.

I honour and respect her, and would not have it any other way.

Bull!

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Of course, with my wife I had pretty much resigned myself to losing her completely to the JWs .... so any "insubordination" now that she is not a JW is small potatoes ...

Hey ... some insubordination could be a little fun ...

-ithinkisee

• Scully
    Scully
    And girls, how many of you actually had issues with the submission thing even when in the org.?

Oh yeah. To call my attitude toward Wifely Submission™ an "issue", isn't even almost putting it mildly.

To put all the decision-making power in a social structure in the hands of people who base their claim of authority on the fact that they have a penis is one of the stupidest things imaginable.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Well, I'll be the black sheep and go against the tide here. I don't have an issue with the love, honor, obey thing. But then again, I don't have a jerk for a husband that would ever expect me to cower to him. To me a good marriage means you submit to each other. It's not just for the wife. When it's a two way street, submission is really one of the things that has made my marriage stronger, not weaker.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I actually enjoyed being called "Lord" or "Master".

My marriage wasn't really like that though, but my ex used to call me that sometimes if elders were around. She liked to annoy them as much as I did, and that seemed to work.

If I'm in a relationship I want it to be an equal partnership.

W

• rebel8
    rebel8

The misogyny of the WT cult is the main reason I did not want to get married when I was a JW, to give you an idea of how I felt about it.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

my mother has been associated with the jws almost all of her life and I would not call the woman submissive, lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit