My Accomplishments As A JW Of Which I'm Proud

by Nate Merit 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

DefD,

Not only do they promote slander, they publish slander (libel).

*** w03 1/15 p. 23 “Zealous Kingdom Proclaimers” Joyfully Assemble ***
    The talk “Guard Against Deception” showed that we wisely treat as poison the distortions, half-truths, and outright falsehoods propagated by apostates. (Colossians 2:8) Likewise, we must not deceive ourselves into thinking that we can indulge our sinful desires without dire consequences.

You consider me an apostate. Have you ever known me to lie about anything? Promote an outright false hood? Intentionally distort God's word? Tell a half-truth?

Now, on the other hand, have you ever known the Watchtower Society (a.k.a. Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses) to tell a half-truth? Intentionally distort God's word? Promote an outright falsehood?

If not, examine carefully the weight of evidence pointing to 609 BC as the time for the fall of Assyria under Nabopolassar and of 597 BC as the year when Jehoiachin (a.k.a. Jeconiah) was exiled to Babylon. Both of these years are more firmly established by secular sources than is 539 BC as the year of Babylon's fall. The WTS relies on secular history for the 539 date and rejects out of hand the proofs for these other years. If that isn't an outright half-truth, I don't know what is.

They go on to disfellowship any who press the issue too hard. That is organizational promotion of outright falsehood. They intentionally distort God's word to create a sense of authority for setting up Judicial Committees through which their nefarious organizational will is secretly carried out behind closed doors.

And they lie to you and tell you it is God's will.

And you believe them, despite any basis in Scripture for anything similar to a Judicial Committee and direct instruction to handle wrongdoing in a different way.

AuldSoul

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    They go on to disfellowship any who press the issue too hard. That is organizational promotion of outright falsehood. They intentionally distort God's word to create a sense of authority for setting up Judicial Committees through which their nefarious organizational will is secretly carried out behind closed doors.

Amen Auld Soul.

Def'd ... whaddya say?

-ithinkisee

• TopHat
    TopHat
  • As far as hypocrisy, just look at the hypocrisy with Mexico and Malawi. Malawi JWs weren't allowed to buy a 50 cent political party card in a one-party state! Yet in Mexico the JWs could buy out (bribe) government officials to stay out of prison.

You might not think it a big deal, but imagine if it was your wife or daughter that was raped in Malawi. Imagine knowing that IF ONLY you were in Mexico everything would be fine and you could go enjoy a Tecate or Dos Equis after your morning in field service.
  • -ithinkisee

I still cry to this day over the Malawi brothers and sisters and you put it in words that brought more tears flooding out of my eyes.

That one story alone is enough to convine me, the WTS is an Evil organization.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

***I'm glad you're out, Annie. I hope life is as good as this life can be now.

Hi Nate.... I only just happened to see your reply....and thank you. It's funny how things work out though, the past five years I have (gasp) celebrated Christmas and I still have people say I'm like a little kid when I wander through the displays in the stores. I am (most of the time) beyond the "how I missed that because I was so stupid" phase, to the "wow! Isn't this beautiful-cute-funny etc" phase.

Right now I have "gingerbread" men in the oven....(can't eat'em though) ones for decoration for trees, packages, wreaths, and table arrangements (I still hate the word "arrangement" LOL). The dough is made with craft glue, and will be decorated with faces and such when they are done....but they still smell like ginger and cinnamon!

I spent a good part of the summer picking up pine cones on my son's property (we have an acre here---and not one cone-bearing tree on the lot!) I have made wreaths for everyone, using these pinecones that I sprayed with glitter and (fake) snow.....I feel like a little kid in kindergarten making her first art project to bring home to Mom.

I've been busy for three weeks doing this, and other crafts that cost pennies to make but everyone seems to enjoy receiving. One size fits all too! Even finally ( because of the bad snowstorms the past few days) getting out to pick out Christmas cards to send...I hopped (picure doing THAT on a cane) from one aisle to another and one box to another and had a terrible time choosing just the right ones!!! They seem to get better every year!

I feel so sorry for the those who are robbed of this joy of this wonderous season, the giving, the love, the whole great feeling that surrounds us everywhere we go! It seems a tragedy being convinced that trudging uninvited from door-to-door hoping to catch just one person at home and willing to talk to them---is the only joy in their burdened and unchristian ratrace of an existence.

Had I NOT been wooed and seduced into the WTS for all that time---I doubt that I would have this same enthusiasm at my age....either that or I am just a big kid after all...(grin)...I really LOVE doing this stuff!

We all get "tired" at this time of year....but its a "good" and "satisfied" tired. I know that I haven't spent the entire day knocking on doors in this bitter sub-freezing cold and blowing snow, only to fill in a time report of maybe one "possible" RV and a whole page of Not-at-Homes at the end of my day.

I will be spending today making things that will bring those in my life (and ME)----joy and a smile.

hugs,

Annie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Sorry I went way off topic in my last post!

***I am proud of all the JWs I told off during the last few yrs of being in the org. Very, very proud of that.

I am too Rebel8....I had written a DA letter to the Org, to the PO the DO and several JWs I was close to.....(hoping I didn't already say this...oh well---I'm old, you'll have to overlook it if I already posted this, LOL!

hugs,

Annie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Dfed said,

"I said it before and Ill say it again. I am not worried about what the elders might think. They do not run my life. It is jehovah and Jesus who i worry about.

This all sounds all well and good with a touch a macho tossed in for good measure. In reality, if you are "found out" and deliberatey going against the wishes of those who lead and advise you....you WILL be labeled as weak and not being obedient to the slave. There IS NO "two ways" to view this! It is THEIR way only. I would imagine you have figured this out by now.

IF you want to continue on as a loyal JW, you will be "watched" for any deviant behavior (being on the 'net AND conversing with admitted former JWs qualifes as deviant behavior, BTW) and any further straying off the WTS path will certainly be worthy of reprimand. Don't kid yourself.

You WILL be questioned and asked if you still believe that THEY have "the truth"...and if THEY are dispensing this counsel NOT to be on the 'net...according to Jehovah's wishes. You know the mantra..."pleasing Jehovah"...(the way THEY CHOOSE to interpret it, of course).

Just LOOK at the "counsel" they are working desperately to enforce this in all the talks, mags and convention programs!!! The entire org is so paranoid about the damaging info about them here (and other boards with exJWs) they are ready to oust JWs for "offenses" such as this.

They cannot take the chance that you (if you do turn away from your "obedience" and leave the WTS), they know you have already gotten a snootful of the "accurate knowledge" of their activities and hidden dealings---all the things they DON'T want the other sheep to find out!

If and when you DO get caught out for being here....do let us know what the elders say....you know the ones, those who are "in the lead" and expect your obedience...or else.

Are you really being honest with yourself!

• defd
    defd

sunspot you obviouly do not know me. When I say I am not worried about what the elders might think. They do not run my life. It is jehovah and Jesus who i worry about. I mean it! its not a touch a macho tossed in for good measure. Now do not get me wrong I respect the good ones I understand their postion as Shepards. They cannot Lord it over me, I will not allow it in good conscience.

D.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Defd, what do you believe will happen to ex-jw's and apostates when Armageddon comes? Do you believe they will die? Then in that case you would be concerned on what the elders think...

Btw, don't you believe in the importance of love and a personal relationship? Not just running around recruiting new members to your group, even ones who already claim to have found Christ in their own church weather it be Catholic, Orthodox, Prodestant etc. ???

Occording to your own words, it sounds like the main importance is to recruit new members, where is the teachings on love and personal relationships? Because that is a very important aspect of a Christians life.... not just to preach, teach and make new deciples

Evanescence

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Now do not get me wrong I respect the good ones I understand their postion as Shepards. They cannot Lord it over me, I will not allow it in good conscience.

DFed,

I think you missed my point. That being.....they ARE "lording it over you" with every more strangling "counsel" that they dream up! You never did address my point about how strongly they feel about internet use ,coupled with the conversations of known and admitted exJWs, discussing their views with you!

There is no way that you can hide behind this.....and you ARE being manipulated by them in that you are constantly worried about being found out. If not, then you can't honestly say that you are "in agreement" with what the Society dictates...which in essence---shows that you DO harbor doubts about their teachings and their authority over you. It all goes hand in hand. Can't you see that?

As I said earlier---it's one thing to say here that YOU don't "have to" follow what they say and what they direct you to do----but I wonder, if you feel this way---WHY bother to pretend to be "one of the group" when you aren't ? I'm not faulting you for this, (we all began our way "out" one way or another), but to say one thing to us, and would obvious say something else to a committee's face, just seems ingenuous, that's all.

That's why I asked about being honest with yourself, where it all must begin. To thine own self be true...and all that!

hugs,

Annie

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Rebel8 ! Good for you! I'll bet it felt mighty damn good, huh? Hopefully your involvement was not a long time.

Blessings to you.
    Nate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit