My Accomplishments As A JW Of Which I'm Proud

by Nate Merit 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• defd
    defd

I never even came close to making a convert.

I never donated a dime to the WTBTS.

Nate I do not consider them ACCOMPLISHMENTS, but only as failures. Maybe that is why you are NOT a JW. A big part of being a disciple of Jesus and a worshiper of Jehovah is to PREACH, TEACH and MAKE disciples. If you, as you say, didnt even come close, than that is a failure not an accomplishment. It reminds me of the individual who BURIED his coin. It was taken away from him.

D.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    Nate I do not consider them ACCOMPLISHMENTS, but only as failures. Maybe that is why you are NOT a JW. A big part of being a disciple of Jesus and a worshiper of Jehovah is to PREACH, TEACH and MAKE disciples. If you, as you say, didnt even come close, than that is a failure not an accomplishment. It reminds me of the individual who BURIED his coin. It was taken away from him.

..So thats what its all about? Winning over converts?

Its just like what the JW said to me... she feels that she needs to make 100 converts...

JW's even try to convert people who are already happy with their faith and have already found God and has a personal relationship with him, why is that?

Evanescence

• defd
    defd

evan

That is what being a christian is about. Following in Jesus steps. What did he dedicate his whole life doing? What did he teach his disciples to do? What did his disciples do after Jesus had died and gone to heaven? Preach, teach, and made DISCIPLES.

D.

• young hearts, be free..
    young hearts, be free..

But defd what right or obligation do you have to try and convert someone who, by their feelings and faith believe they have found God ? If they were to stand and listen to you and your lot mumble the same crap that the society has always said, would you give them your ear; would you allow them the opportunity to try and convert YOU to THEIR beliefs ? What makes someone elses relationship with God less possible, likely or close than yours or any other JW's ?

• defd
    defd

It is not a right it is a RESPONSIBILITY! A Christian obligation. Jesus did it all the disciples did it. Paul did it......

D.

• Scully
    Scully
    Being young and full of myself, I was most likely extremely abrasive.

Not much has changed with age, huh Nate?

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

defd,

Nate I do not consider them ACCOMPLISHMENTS

I'd have to agree with you here. And within the context of being a JW, those are shortcomings.

However, I have to say that I too am grateful that I didn't lead anyone into the organization. I would feel guilty about it now, probably in somewhat the same way you would feel about teaching your kids about Santa Claus (judging from your comments on the Santa thread).

Cheers,

SNG

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    evan

That is what being a christian is about. Following in Jesus steps. What did he dedicate his whole life doing? What did he teach his disciples to do? What did his disciples do after Jesus had died and gone to heaven? Preach, teach, and made DISCIPLES.

D.

So thats what jw's really believe...? Just to go out door to door winning over converts! Yet some would deny it... others would admit it. Defd, Firstly... Where is the LOVE? that Jesus taught about? A christian involves having a personal relationship with God.. Not just running around winning people over to your church... Defd, do you have a personal relationship with God? God does find it important that people do hear his word, and its a job of a christian to show their faith (deny Jesus before man and Jesus will deny you before God) Sharing Jesus is important, but not quite the approach JW's have it... theirs is more forceful and not patient... "love is patient, love is kind etc." God will reveal himself in ones personal life when he feels the timing is right... the Holy Spirit guides individuals to the truth... So in a way you could view it as The Holy Spirit will guide people to the true church. With a bit of help from Christians... An interesting view would be... could you imagine that even a good standing Hindu, Buddhist etc. are already on their way to christ... simply having good morals.. and doing what is right... that is already a starting point. We do trust God, and pray for those who are "lost" Its not all about running around door to door, putting your foot in the doorway and torturing your poor residence... that would more likely make people less interested in God... and you know why? Because an important factor is missing, and that is a love of a christian... Jesus golden rules where 1. Love God with all your heart, mind, soul 2. Love one another The golden rules... not run around shoving religion down everyones throat! People will come when ready... And my question still stands... Why do you try to convert people who already claims they are happy with the church they are in, and that they have already found christ? In peace, Evanescence

• defd
    defd

However, I have to say that I too am grateful that I didn't lead anyone into the organization. I would feel guilty about it now, probably in somewhat the same way you would feel about teaching your kids about Santa Claus (judging from your comments on the Santa thread).

Your right. I agree also. I am sadly too familiar with your feeling of guilt. At one point in my walk with Jehovah and Jesus I became disheartened at the people in my Hall. 98% were lying backstabbing gossiping hypocrates. So I told my self I am not going in Service and lead ANYONE to this Hall. I would feel guilty. I do not blame the faithful and Discreet Slave for the way those people were and still are. I receive the same info as they do and I am not like that.There are other reasons why people are like that and still claim to be a Christian. But then I thought...."There are no conditions attached to the Preaching work, whether or not I should do it." I now PREPARE bible students for the "FRIENDLY FIRE" they will receive in due time.

• defd
    defd

Lets keep this one alive for nate.

D.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit