My first time being shunned in public

by xjwms 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

It never happenned to me yet...but I'm waiting for it. I know I'm gonna smile right back at their frown, if they do meet my eyes. And if not I will make sure they hear me laugh to myself in a "tskk, I pity you poor people" little laugh. If I'm with someone, I plan on making sure to talk to that friend loudly (be sure that the shunners hear me and realise that people around are listening too.) of who those people are and why they are running away. Always up for a good witness, I am.

• acadian
    acadian

OH... P.S.

Don't be like them, but extend the hand of hospitality at all times.

I always liked this scripture...

Matthew 18:15-1715 "Moreover, if your brother commits a sin, go lay bare his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. 16 But if he does not listen, take along with you one or two more ( it doesn't say elders ), in order that at the mouth of two or three witnesses every matter may be established. 17 If he does not listen to them, speak to the congregation (it doesn't say elders). If he does not listen even to the congregation ( it doesn't say elders ), let him be to you just as a man of the nations and as a tax collector

how did Jesus treat tax collectors and people of the nations?

Now after these things he went out and beheld a tax collector named Le´vi sitting at the tax office, and he said to him: "Be my follower." 28 And leaving everything behind he rose up and went following him. 29 Also, Le´vi spread a big reception feast for him in his house; and there was a great crowd of tax collectors and others who were with them reclining at the meal. 30 At this the Pharisees and their scribes began murmuring to his disciples, saying: "Why is it YOU eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?" 31 In reply Jesus said to them: "Those who are healthy do not need a physician, but those who are ailing do. 32 I have come to call, not righteous persons, but sinners to repentance."

Kind Regards

Acadian

• bavman
    bavman

Congrats on your first shunning...lol. Don't worry, soon you will find it humorous. Until then, remember I love you too. How about next Wednesday we laugh it off with a drink?

• ackack
    ackack

The first time I was shunned was before I was DF'ed, DA'ed or otherwise (imho) in some sort of bad standing.

It was someone from my old book study group who spotted me, and just kept their head down and ignored me.

It hurt. Now its funny. But it hurts again when I think of my parents.

ackack

• anewme
    anewme

I just completely ignore it.

I really do.

I do not let it bother me.

I know they must not talk with me on pain of disfellowshipping themselves.

I learned from this board the best revenge is success! Be seen happy and smiling.

I also know that some love me and are pained by the restrictions to speak with me.

But as I say, the shunning does not bother me. It could be alot worse, they could've branded me with an A

or shaved my head or tarred and feathered me or banished me to a deserted island or put me in the stocks.

They just let me go......off to sin to my hearts content if I like.

• Legolas
    Legolas

I have met a few since we disassociated ourselves....and I laugh at them!

Putting their heads down or turning away so fast that it looks like they will get whiplash!

• Mary
    Mary
    He and his wife spot me .. and turn there heads away and continue on their walk, .. eyes fixed on some thing away from me

Next time someone from the Hall does that, walk up to them and say: Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, Jehovah's Witnesses, hypocrites! For you are like whitened tombs, which outwardly appear beautiful, but inwardly are full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. Even so you seem to men to be full of righteousness, but inside you are all false and full of wrongdoing (Matthew 23:27-28). See how they like them apples. Really though, how pathetic they must be----you're not DF'd or DA'd, so they have no scriptural reason for pointedly ignoring you. Somehow, I don't recall Jesus having that attitude.

• aniron
    aniron

I'm DA'd and they know I take an active part in speaking against them.

The ones I run into I say "Hello XXX" and wait for their reaction. Which is usually a mix of panic and embarrassment. Especially if its somewhere crowded.

I've seen them try to dodge me in supermarkets, so I nip along an aisle and suddenly they find themselves right in front of me.

I cross the road to be on same side as them.

What upsets them more than anything is seeing you happy. Giving them a wave and a smile.

• young hearts, be free..
    young hearts, be free..

I haven't been disf'd or disa'd, but decided a couple of years ago that "this is bullshit, I'm getting outta this" and left......Why give them the satisfaction of "rejecting me?", or even still-why should I write to them to remove myself, that's just another form of their control-it's what you're meant to do...according to them......

So anyways, I'm back in my home town in New Zealand at the moment (for xmas with Mum) and I've run into quite a few of the old JW's I know.......one was in a cafe, I was there with my girlfriend and I looked across at this guy-it was xxxxx, he was smiling when he saw me and we said 'hi' to each other......next , I saw my cousin (ours is a big JW family) and we had a great chat for a 5-10 minutes; no arrogance, preaching or anything like that, just the family tie...the way it should be !! So I was well impressed, obviously some of the sheep have a streak of black .

• greendawn
    greendawn

There are more ex JWs than Jws so we win.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit