My first time being shunned in public

by xjwms 64 Replies latest jw friends

• xjwms
    xjwms

So thats what it feels like.

I am not DF'ed or DA'ed, ... I have just stopped going to meetings. My wife is trying to be as active as she can.

So all morning I am out of my regular routine. Late getting out of bed and late about everything today.

So I leave the house, and before getting to the office, I decide to stop at the mall for a quick, maybe 15 min, walk.

As soon as I get inside, taking my coat off, Here is the elder who did everything he could in his power to get me out...and lied...and added to gossip that ran me outta there.

He and his wife spot me .. and turn there heads away and continue on their walk, .. eyes fixed on some thing away from me.

So thats what it feels like.........now I know.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay
    So thats what it feels like.........now I know.

How did it make you feel, xjwms ?

I had a whole mixture of emotions, but now, I just accept it because I can't change their narrow minded childishness.

Just remember, It's their loss !!

Bull!

• Irreverent
    Irreverent

Just remember that "I love you man!!"

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

LOL I've grown to love it. The way the duck their heads with an ashamed look on their faces, or cross the street and back again, with panic on their faces. For those that have the affront to glower, I wave with a big beaming smile on my face. For those ducking theit heads into the footwell of their car as they drive by, I pray, that they don't involve anyone else in the likely ensuing accident (yes, this has happened on a number of occasions)! It puts a whole new perspective on the phrase "the luvvin bruvvers"!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I am dfed, so i get that all the time! I know how it feels. But they shouldnt be doing that, especially an elder!

• xjwms
    xjwms

Bullo1lay

It made me feel odd, almost like how could they do that, or ... Wait a minute....I am better than that.

Irreverent

Thank you I know you love me...after all you have said that to me many times. Thats why I love you too.

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

They're boneheads and you aren't. Tellwidim.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I always find this interesting. You see, we can associate with 99.9% of the people on earth, while they are limited to a tiny ingrown group. When we meet them, we walk with our head up and nod to them, while they slink, head down, and withdraw. So.... who is really being shunned here? It seems to me that they are the ones imprisoned, while we walk free.

• acadian
    acadian

Good morning xjwms,

It feels GREAT doesn't it, think about it, their not going to bother you anymore.

Most people join WTS because they're searching for the truth, I assume the same for you.

Then you find out their not the truth, so what do you do, quite looking, NO you do not.

keep on the path, do what YOU know is right, you've lost nothing, but gained much, Knowlege.

Don't stop searching and living the truth.

Matthew 19:16-1916 Now, look! a certain one came up to him and said: "Teacher, what good must I do in order to get everlasting life?" 17 He said to him: "Why do you ask me about what is good? One there is that is good. If, though, you want to enter into life, observe the commandments continually." 18 He said to him: "Which ones?" Jesus said: "Why, You must not murder, You must not commit adultery, You must not steal, You must not bear false witness, 19 Honor [your] father and [your] mother, and, You must love your neighbor as yourself.

Matthew 22:34-4034 After the Pharisees heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they came together in one group. 35 And one of them, versed in the Law, asked, testing him: 36 "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37 He said to him: "‘You must love your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ 38 This is the greatest and first commandment. 39 The second, like it, is this, ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets."

It doesn't matter what you believe, it's the principle that's important! Are they following the principle behind the law, you know the answer.

Live by the principle.

Kind Regards Acadian

• Honesty
    Honesty

It's amazing how much control I have over some of my friends who don't like me anymore because I left a cult ruled by megalomaniacs. They run to another aisle in the grocery store when they see me shopping; they cross to the others side of the street as I walk down the sidewalk; they get up and leave the movie theatre if I happen to be there even though there are 7 different theatres and movies showing at once; they will not enter the same office with me at our communal workplace. I don't know what the big deal is about controlling people because I want to tell them that I don't want this kind of control over their life so that they do some rather obvious and funny things when they see me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit