My first time being shunned in public

by xjwms 64 Replies latest jw friends

• luna2
    luna2
    The funny thing is they gave a talk on how we should treat weak sheep and the brother giving the talk said twice " IF WE RUN INTO SOMEONE WHO IS INACTIVE WE DO NOT SHUN THEM! WE ENCOURAGE THEM AS JESUS SAID, REFERRING TO SEEKING OUT THE LOST SHEEP" Then he repeated the exact same thing again. Brothers DO NOT SHUN!

Aaaah, now this is interesting. I was wondering why, after a year of no contact at all, I was getting folks from the KH at my door and stopping by work to see me again.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

It is true that lately people in my cong. have become more judgemental of ones that are not D'fd or Da, but just not as active as they are suppose to be . I refer back to Panicattacks post.I heard that talk this summer too ,yet at our hall a talk was recently given and if you are not regular in field service( for no good reason) then you are sinning against the holy spirit ! That was the first time i had heard that one, and since I stopped going out a few months ago- felt like crap, that was directed to me .Also it has been expoused that if you miss meetings it is a sin. We are constantly being warned that bad association can mean people in the hall not just worldly ones(I'm thinking me again) .So with such warm , fuzzy love surrounding me you can understand how I can be backing away, slowly fading .In my heart I want to run like hell to the nearest exit .But I'm trying to be careful for my family's sake . Now that I miss alot of meetings and don't go out in F.S. I have noticed certain" friends" avoiding me in public, but still talking to me at the hall when I do go ,but it is usually with the forced smile and never anything more than "HI how are you". I am getting paranoid about what I'm going to say when the Elder body wants to make a helpful visit !

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Wifey and I have both experienced this foolishness on several occasions. we are not DA'd or DF'd, but the treatment is the same.

Honesty has it right - we have the power to control them now. I actually enjoy moving in thier direction when I see them in the same place. I force them to be the hypocrites they are. These people called me 'brother' for decades. Now because we don't attend the indoctrination sessions any longer they call me 'apostate'. It is just about their isolationistic thinking.

I usually speak and see if they will. If one is ever too rude to me I will make sure all within hearing find out that they are witnesses and this is how they show "Christian Love". I go to a regular place to have my coffee most days, they mostly refuse to go there now. They look and see if my vehicle is there. What a bunch of cowards. Afraid of one whom they called a 'friend' for years. How ridiculous is that?

Jeff

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I don't care about the dubs not talking to me. It never did bother me until my children got baptized. My children shunning me makes me angry. It has made me hate the organization. It has made it clear to me why I don't want to be a witness. It has made me research the organization. I feel sorry that they are so blinded, but that's about it. I feel no shame.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

So many here have said that they have run into dubs at Walmart. Maybe, we should set-up a ex-Jehovah's Witness booth at Walmart, and put up a sign that says learn the truth about Jehovah's Witnesses. Have our own little tracts and stuff.

• g_cuddles
    g_cuddles

what religion do you all practice since you left the JW's ......do you still believe any of the bible info you heard

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

g-cuddles, right now, I'm not practicing any religion. This whole thing with being a witness has made me more cautious about getting involved in religion. I'm trying to understand Jehovah? What is he about? I'm trying to understand Jesus? You know the statement: What would Jesus do? That statement applies more to me now. I'm not taking anyone word for religion. I'm going to have to do it my way. I believe that we should treat one another as we expect to be treated. I don't believe in judging people because you never know what anyone's going through.

I'm learning about me, religion, and the world. It's going to be hard for awhile, but I hope to find a comfortable place...to have a good mindset.

• g_cuddles
    g_cuddles

so was it the teachings that made you hate the JW's or the people or was it just a result of the action you recieved for being df'd if you were df'd

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

""There are more ex JWs than Jws so we win""

Really ? So then it's all a numbers thing and that's it ?

Sorry I don't agree and I am not convinced that there ARE more ex JWs than Jws.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    so was it the teachings that made you hate the JW's or the people or was it just a result of the action you recieved for being df'd if you were df'd

I disassociated myself back in 1988. I just couldn't do all that work. I didn't believe that all that was required to show that you loved God. I had, also, started to have panic attacks at the Kingdom Halls (weird). I still believed in Jehovah and taught my children about him. I don't know why I still thought that the witnesses had it right. I didn't believe in all the teachings. I don't hate the people in the religion. I hate the religion. Well, right now, I hate the governing body for blinding their followers, making them be robots, making them people that are afraid to be independent thinkers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit