Is there any hope of you coming back to Jehovah?

by LeftBehind 128 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

In case you want to find what I found that day:

Go to www.un.org (the UN Web site)

Click "Welcome"

Click "About the United Nations"

In the left column (about halfway down), find and click "NGO Section" (NGO means "non-governmental organization," which is true of any organization that is not a Government)

In the left column, find and click "NGO Related Documents and Events"

In the right hand side, you will find "Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York"

If you want a shortcut, just click here to get to "NGO Related Documents and Events" then click on "Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York" from that page. Or you could just click on the link right here, if you trust me to be telling you the truth.

AuldSoul

• jgnat
    jgnat

You're back! Five gold stars for persistence. Lady Lee thought we'd run you off for good.

Me, I never left Jehovah. I never joined the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society either. In my mind, these are two different things.

It's up to you how much time you spend with your loved-one, you know. If his talk about the failings about the society bother you, ask him nicely if he will stick to non-controversial subjects. It's up to you how much of a relationship you maintain with him.

• Carmel
    Carmel

I have "returned to Jehovah" but you'd plug your ears and cover your eyes avoiding exactly what that means because the organization you worship won't allow you to think, be exposed to anything but their propaganda. If you claim otherwise, pm me and we will dialog.

Cheers,

carmel

• Ellie
    Ellie

I can't return to an organisation where its members think it is ok to shun people who they think are spiritually weak or wrongdoers, surely given they are supposed to be imitators of Jehovah, surely they should show love and compassion.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

leftbehind.I was a complete failure as a witness. I worked so hard and It was never enough.Suicide seemed the only way I was going to make the new system. I have been a psych patient for nearly 12 years.Not one witness has enquired about me for me.I accept imperfection from people but the fruitage of the spirit was not coming from the congregations I was in.Subtle criticism nearly destroyed me.
    I am pleased though,that you have been concerned enough to post here.

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Some members of my family and I are currently attending meetings here and there but we no longer believe this is the truth (we are faders). I found out some things that were truly disturbing about this religion, I didn't want to believe it, so I researched some more to try to disprove it, but it turned out to be true, then there were other things that I found, finally at the point we are now, it's like finding your true self again, it's like living your life for the first time, when all the fears are lifted and you no longer believe that the Great Tribulation is coming, or the Armaggedon, that this life is the one you need to be living and making the most of, it's like having a heavy weight lifted off your back, the joy and peace is truly amazing, for the first time in years I feel truly happy, there is so much to look forward to, so much to experience, that I held back from because of the negative ideas the WTS paints about this world.

Coming back to Jehovah? If you are talking about God the Creator, I never left him, my family and I still believe in God, we just don't believe in Religion any Religion, we are pretty much like Deists. I've researched who the God called Jehovah was in ancient times, it's something you should research, reality is quite different than the illusion we lived as JW's, I've researched the Bible, I't also something you should research, who wrote it? where did the israelites get their ideas from? Who wrote the New Testament? reality here is also quite different than what we were taught to believe.

Going back to where we were before in this religion? Would you go back to the religion you left before you became a JW assuming you belonged to another? No, I think there is no possible way, once you have proven to yourself what the truth about the JW's is, there just isn't any way you can go back and unlearn it all. I suggest that if you are happy and feel fulfilled there, then stay. But if you feel the heavy load, the lack of love, the guilty feeling when leaving the assemblies, and meetings because you know you can't do more, all this is an indication that something is wrong, then I would tell you to research the religion you are following because it will have a big impact on the rest of your life and your kids lives if you have any.

I don't hold any grudges against any of the brothers at the hall, they are wonderful people, misguided, but they aren't to blame. My beef is with the leadership, for exerting so much control over others even when it has meant the loss of precious lives, children and adults with incredible god given talent that will never develop it because they are told to put the WTS first, people living close to poverty level because they were told the end was just around the corner so don't get an education, don't get a better paying job, don't live you life, instead live the life that is prescribed by the Society.

Thankfully my children will be free to reach their goals, and use their true god given talents, to be who they want to be, as long as they don't hurt anyone in the process, and actually contribute to humanity, to this earth, to helping people reach their goals and to make this a better place for everyone. I don't think this life is all there is, I really believe we go on after death, and I believe we will be with our loved in another realm after we die. So you see, we have left the beliefs but we are happy regardless, we have hope, we have faith, we have love, and we have FREEDOM!

IC

• sf
    sf
    Is there any hope of you coming back to Jehovah?

Back...to what? Be honest here LeftBehind, you know you mean back to the book publishing corporation masked as a true and loving religion for its people.

The policies this organization concretes itself in is not something anyone in their right mind would ever even think of going back to. Nor would ever subject their children to.

Face it, there is nothing nurturing that this book publishing empire has to offer anyone who dares enter into it. ESPECIALLY THE UNSUSPECTING, INNOCENT CHILDREN.

I implore you to get into googling the deeper issues of corruption and deception that is epidemic in this BOOK PUBLISHING WELL-OILED MACHINE called WATCHTOWER BIBLE TRACT SOCIETY. And also the insane policies that you WILLINGLY CHOOSE to endorse, daily.

Not to mention how you truly feel about those around you whom are not of your "religion". Get honest about that too. We, who were baptized, who lived the jw/ wt life cannot be fooled by your mask here. We were taught what you were taught...they are all dead meat at the hands of the WATCHTOWER GOD @ Armageddon. You need to remember this.

Take good care and I wish you well.

sKally

• blondie
    blondie

Having left the vomit and foolishness of the Watchtower organization, why would anyone return?

(2 Peter 2:22) The saying of the true proverb has happened to them: "The dog has returned to its own vomit, and the sow that was bathed to rolling in the mire."

(Proverbs 26:11) Just like a dog returning to its vomit, the stupid one is repeating his foolishness.

WTS association with UN from 1991 to 2001

Flipflop doctrines like who the superior authorities are, organ transplants, resurrection of people who died at Sodom and Gomorrah.

Blondie

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

NEVER!!! unless I get to be head of the GB and can change up the rules...I would start by DF'ing all of the current members.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

You brother knows everything you know, and still has made the choice he made. Do you think it is EASY for him? Do you think he does not know what he has given up? You know him, you love him, so do you think he is an idiot? Weak minded? Easily swayed?

Maybe you should ask him why he has made the choice?

One thing is very true...the truth will set you free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit