How Do JWs Show They're Hypocrites?

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

there are far too many ways that JWs practice hypocrisy to list them all....actually one of the reasons I had to get out was because I was sick of feeling like a hypocrite and sick of constantly judging everyone around me.

I like myself so much better as a non-JW.

but here are a couple of things that come to mind regarding JWs and hypocrisy from my own personal experience:

many are racist even though claiming that there is no racism within the org.

if DF'ing and all that goes along with it isn't the biggest hypocrisy of them all I don't know what is! there were several times when the wonderful elders DF'd people and then later were also DF'd for similar misdemeanors -- made me sick...how they sit around in judge of one another and ruining people's lives when many of them are covertly doing the same stuff.

argh.

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah, they build big ornate buildings, buy land like it's goin' outta style yet JWs are told they must "simplify".

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    WHY put this label on the JW's exclusively! I see hypocrisy everywhere I go

They proclaim that the religion has no faults. Then they say it's the association of brothers and sisters that are human (born in sin because of Adam) that are imperfect, who make mistakes; so, they should be forgiven when they make mistakes. They, also, love to quote the scripture "Man can't direct his own steps" or "Man has dominated man to his own injury". This doesn't apply to the governing body though; it applies to governments.

• Jamelle
    Jamelle

The levels of hypocrisy start at the top and trickle all the way down to the rank and file. There are literally too many to name. The fact that hypocrisy permeates the Witness beliefs and lifestyle does set them apart.

I never could stomach the smugness of the various people in the congregations I grew up in. Not everyone was a hypocrite. Some tried very hard to be "good Witnesses" - this was because they were good people at heart. At least from what I could tell.

Some things that stick out in my mind concerning small hypocrisies...my parents allowing me to watch White Christmas and It's A Wonderful Life because they loved those movies growing up - but Christmas IS WRONG....my parents allowing me to watch The Wonderful Wizard of Oz with all its witches and magic...but I wasn't allowed to read/watch anything that had magic because that was demonic... WTF?

Just small things really ... but they represent, to me, a larger problem within the Witness lifestyle. Go figure.

• minimus
    minimus

They'll look down on a person or family that doesn't pioneer but will excuse someone if they're from a prominent family. They'll praise the Malawi JWs for getting the crap beaten out of them, enduring rape, pillaging and loss of jobs and life, but the Mexican JWs were paying bribes!

• greendawn
    greendawn

They want others to be allowed to read their books but strictly forbid their members from reading other religions' publications.

• heathen
    heathen
    WHY put this label on the JW's exclusively!

Who says they are exclusive ? I strongly believe that people can do things to perfection including following jesus yet these people will only apply human imperfection to themselves where as everybody else is being led around by satan the devil . I agree with what minimus said that the people in mexico could bribe officials while the people in malawie could not even buy a lousy card for 25 cents to keep the government off their backs .They love to tell everybody else to give ceasars things unto ceasar but by God will go through great pains to find any tax loop hole they can . They tell members not to associate with the churches of christiandom but will do so in law suits .

• mouthy
    mouthy

I gather from this post -you are all hurting still.Why class them all as hypocrites..?. They have given there mind to an idol... I knew MANY wonderful folk while I was with the WT.... I blame those at the top!! Brooklyn Bethel.!!!!... For leading the sheep astray . I beg to differ with you I TRULY believed all I was taught & truly believed I was doing GODS will. Yes I was VERY WRONG but bad mouthing ALL JWS is NOT fair Sorry if I pour cold water on your post.... But I feel VERY SORRY for them ALL

http://exwitnessgrace.homestead.com/free.html

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Mouthy when I said "they" I meant the governing body. If you will reread my post, you will see that's who I am talking about. I know that I'm not perfect...far from it.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

greendawn . . .your post is right on. I could never figure out Witnesses wait, with open arms and open hearts ( the unbelievers be damned ) on the "end" to come while taking such joy in their material possessions.

Isn't that contradictory to Christian thought?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit