How Do JWs Show They're Hypocrites?

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Say one thing and do another

GOSSIP--I can remember a sister who complained to the elders that a certain sister was gossiping about her; what they found out is that these 2 sisters gossiped continuously about everyone else and the one sister only was concerned when her "friend" started gossiping about HER.

R-RATED MOVIES--I can remember an elder who gave a part on the service meeting about the dangers of R-rated movies then had a movie party showing an R-rated movie. He knew where the "bad" parts were and fast-forwarded through them.

FAMILY STUDIES--One family had a part on the assembly demonstrating how to have a family study. It was probably the first one they had had in over 2 years!

PUNCTUALITY--One elder gave a talk on punctuality. His idea of punctuality was to get to the meeting before the first prayer was over.

LOYALTY TO ONE'S MATE--An elder sat on several JCs where individuals were DF'd for adultery. All the while he was having an affair with his JW SIL (for 10 years).

Any group that concentrates on the members striving for perfection is a hotbed of hypocrisy.

Blondie

• mouthy
    mouthy

I was NOT answering your post dear msmacducket Honest!!! I know your not perfect LIKE ME!!! we are "sisters??? are we not??? YEP!!! No I felt I was speaking mainly to Minimus.... He was the one that started the post. Lets all agree that there are a lot of great folks in it. Just mislead.( Hey my kids still there

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

They move their lips and ther hyprocital b.s. comes out.

• undercover
    undercover

*** Kingdom Ministry August 1994 pp.5-6 Theocratic Ministry School Review ***

20. What was "the disgusting thing that causes desolation" in the first century, and what is it today? (Matt. 24:15) [gt chap. 111] In 66 C.E., it was the Roman armies that surrounded Jerusalem; today it is the United Nations.

*** Kingdom Ministry September 1970 p.1 Branch Letter ***

As we think back on the highlights of the program, we also remember the identification of the "disgusting thing" with the scarlet-colored beast of Revelation chapter 17, the United Nations. That is something that folks had been asking about ever since the assemblies last year.

*** Daniel's Prophecy (1999) pp.297-303 ch.17 Identifying True Worshipers in the Time of the End ***

22 What, though, about the second condition—the "placing," or installation, of "the disgusting thing that is causing desolation"? As we saw in our discussion of Daniel 11:31, this disgusting thing was first the League of Nations and reemerged later as the United Nations. Both are disgusting in that they have been heralded as the only hope for peace on earth.

*** Revelation — Its Grand Climax at Hand (1988) pp.240-2 ch.33 Judging the Infamous Harlot ***

16 What, then, is this new scarlet-colored wild beast? It must be the image to the wild beast that was brought forth under the urging of the Anglo-American wild beast that has two horns like a lamb. After the image was made, that two-horned wild beast was allowed to give breath to the image of the wild beast. (Revelation 13:14, 15) John now sees the living, breathing image. It pictures the League of Nations organization that the two-horned wild beast brought to life in 1920. U.S. President Wilson had envisioned that the League "would be a forum for the dispensation of justice for all men and wipe out the threat of war forever." When it was resurrected after the second world war as the United Nations, its chartered purpose was "to maintain international peace and security."

*** The Resolution presented at "Everlasting Good News" assemblies 1963 ***

5 THAT, in order to prevent the destruction of the nations by their own means in war, the nations further refused the surrender of their sovereignty to God's Messianic kingdom by setting up a society of nations, which, since 1945, has taken the form and the name of the United Nations, with international headquarters at New York city. This international organization stands for world sovereignty by political men. For years men without faith in God's kingdom have endeavored to get all people to worship this international image of human political sovereignty as the best hope for earthly peace and security, in fact, the last hope for humanity. To date 111 nations have given worship to this political image by becoming members of it. However, we, as witnesses of the Sovereign God Jehovah, will continue refusing to engage in such idolatrous worship, for we see, under angelic enlightenment, that God has smitten such idolaters with a malignant ulcer, symbolically speaking, that will spell death to them as spiritually diseased image worshipers who worship a man-made political creation rather than the Creator of heaven and earth;

*** Official Response from UN as published at the UN website ***

Available at UN offical web site: www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/doc.htm

Also available from our archives.

4 March 2004

To Whom It May Concern:

Recently the NGO Section had been receiving numerous inquiries regarding the Association of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York with the Department of Public Information (DPI). This organization applied for association with DPI in 1991 and was granted association in 1992. By accepting association with DPI, the organization agreed to meet criteria for association, including support and respect of the principles of the Charter of the United Nations and commitment and means to conduct effective information programmes with its constituents and to a broader audience about UN activities.

In October 2001, the Main Representative of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York to the United Nations, Giro [sic] Aulicino, requested termination of its association with DPI. Following this request, the DPI has made a decision to disassociate the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York as of 9 October 2001.

Please be informed that it is the policy of the Department of Public Information of the United Nations to keep correspondence between the United Nations and NGOs associated with DPI confidential. However, please see below the paragrpah included in all letters sent to NGOs approved for association in 1992:

"The principal purpose of association of non-governmental organizations with the United Nations Department of Public Information is the redissemination of information in order to increase public understanding of the principles, activities and achievements of the United Nations and its Agencies. Consequently, it is important that you should keep us informed about your organization's information programme as it relates to the United Nations, including sending us issues of your relevant publications. We are enclosing a brochure on the "The United Nations and Non-Governmental Organizations', which will give you some information regarding the NGO relationship."

In addition, the criteria for NGOs to become associated with DPI include the following:

• that the NGO share the principles of the UN Charter;
    • operate solely on a not-for-profit basis;
    • have a demonstrated interest in United Nations issues and a proven ability to reach large or specialized audiences, such as educators, media representatives, policy makers and the business community;
    • have the commitment and means to conduct effective information programmes about UN activities by publishing newsletters, bulletins and pamphlets, organizing conferences, seminars and round tables; and enlisting the cooperation of the media.

We expect that you will share this information with your concerned colleagues, as we are unable to address the scores of duplicate requests regarding the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society that are being directed to our offices. Thank you for your interest in the work of the United Nations.

Sincerely,
    [signature]
    Paul Hoeffel
    Chief
    NGO Section
    Department of Public Information

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    *** Awake! 1993 March 22 pp.3-4 Why So Many False Alarms? ***
    [Footnotes]

Jehovah's Witnesses, in their eagerness for Jesus' second coming, have suggested dates that turned out to be incorrect. Because of this, some have called them false prophets. Never in these instances, however, did they presume to originate predictions 'in the name of Jehovah.' Never did they say, 'These are the words of Jehovah

This is so interesting...............and hypocritical of the publishers of those words.

On the one hand it's "Jehovah's organisation" and the R&F are to respect every word it utters because of its status.

But

On the other hand, what is published by "the Organisation" in the name of "the Troof" may not really be Truth.

Is anyone else confused by that hypocrisy?

• minimus
    minimus

Mouthy, I'm not "hurting". I'm just exposing the Witnesses for what they really are......I had a Circuit Assembly talk that called for a family man who regularly read the text with his household everyday. I asked Brother Showoff Family Man who was an elder if he'd like to be in the part which would be 2 months later. He immediately accepted. While we were rehearsing he admitted that doing the text everyday with his family was a major weakness but he promised that he would not miss one day to do it-----at least until the Circuit Assembly!

• mouthy
    mouthy

I'm just exposing the Witnesses for what they really are

ALL OF THEM????

• minimus
    minimus

Mouthy, there are some wonderful JW people. My mom's one of them. When Witnesses subscribe to ignoring the UN's role with the Watchtower, "as a class" they are all hypocrites. When they say that we never said 1975 was a marked year, and yet the Witnesses follow the party line, they're hypocrites. You get the idea.

• mouthy
    mouthy

O.K. But most of them dont know about the lies...I didnt ! I know ---so many dont.... But I love ya anyway lets agree to disagree (((HUG)))

• Honesty
    Honesty

By getting out of bed in the morning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit