How Do JWs Show They're Hypocrites?

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

They are more than happy to waste their paper and ink to tell the world about all the past history of "christendom" and all it's failings yet sue others for exposing their writings in their past publications.

• Jez
    Jez
    WHY put this label on the JW's exclusively!

Because the GB both overtly and covertly encourage/demand a superficial appearance. The district managers tell the circuit managers who tell the store managers who then tell the employees. Everyone is responsible in this trickle down management style for pushing for hypocrisy. They will not call it that, but it is all about how the world views them, numbers, clothing, not bringing reproach on Jeh or his organization, not stumbling others, who answers, who puts in time, what position do you hold, are you reaching out, are you at the meetings, can you regurgitate material eloquently, etc.

They are masters at it, and deep down, they know it, but many just refuse to look down there and see what that little nigglin feeling is all about, and if you do....the GB tell you that it is YOUR fault, you are not spiritual enough, pray more, you are weak, you are not doing enough, you are letting Saten in your life, you you you you you....so then,,,,again,,,,you deny that your inner self is in a state of constant imbalance and you plug on for awhile again...until it happens again....then the GB tell you that it is YOUR fault.....(see above)

Jez

• minimus
    minimus

Jez, you said it!

• heathen
    heathen

They claim to be the only religion in the world that has unconditional love but by God will find any petty reason they can think of to condemn somebody . All you have to do is disagree with something in print and buddy that is so easy to do since most of it is dogma anyway . I've seen elders that were guilty of adultry that were allowed to remain elders but heard of people that smoke being df'd . They love to strain out the gnat and gulp down the camel , that's for sure .

• Jez
    Jez
    They love to strain out the gnat and gulp down the camel , that's for sure .

Great! I never heard that before. Jez

• minimus
    minimus

Ahhh, I think Jesus said it.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Tigerman materialism was the distinctive feature of the congo I was in and all the neighbouring ones, I even remember how those young JW girls were sizing up the batchelors to see who could offer them the most in a material way as a husband. They didn't differ much from the much despised worldly people.

• heathen
    heathen

minimus is right and he said it about pharisees . Also calling them hypocrites .This religion loves to use that type of terminology but apply the bad press to anybody that's not a JW . I like the part where jesus talks about white washing graves that look nice on the outside but still full of dead mens bones .............

• Jamelle
    Jamelle

It's ironic to me that so many of the things Jesus said about the Pharisees apply so well to the Society and it's practices.

My parents and my sister are still JWs - I do feel sorry for them - and at the same time I am angry with them for not figuring out that the JW's are wrong. They have seen enough go on to get a clue - but they continue to make excuses and talk about "the imperfection of man" and so on...

It makes me want to cry - and then I want to hit something...but I don't do either. I just come to this site and vent.

• mouthy
    mouthy

It makes me want to cry - and then I want to hit something...but I don't do either. I just come to this site and vent.

Thats the best thing to do- Keep the peace with the family.... That is the Unconditional Love we must show -even though it is hard (((HUG))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit