exjw, is there a script

by carla 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sweetscholar
    sweetscholar

ignoring other Verses of Scripture is typical of the silly apostates and the rebellious apostate types. do you conveniently overlook the Passages in the Gospels where Christ CLEARLY indicated, as you call it, "drudge and tension and pressure"??? "agonize to get in the narrow door" and "narrow road to life" (in other words not all that easy and convenient every single second) and ahhh "pick up your torture stake" (not portable CD player or IPod or tennis racket) "and follow Me continually" and Paul said "bear His reproach" and Peter: "if the righteous are BARELY saved, what chance do the ungodly and sinner have?" easy to forget all Verses of Scripture that deal with the matter, honestly. typical of the deranged Korah-like apostates. read the Bible all the way through more carefully, why don't you. without using Jehuda's pen-knife, when it suits you. you think Noah and his family had it all that easy?? wake up. and Christ said "just like the days of Noah" (Matthes 24,25, etc) so there's a balance to this "easy light load" stuff. there are people who find "refreshment" in Jehovah's congregation and peace and love and unity, not perfect of course, but free of worries that the unbelieving world generally have. Bush and Terrorism? God's Kingdom, sonny. later.

• carla
    carla

Dear Sweetscholar,

I didn't read your first post except to barely skim it. Nor will I read any of your insane dribble. I do ask you to not imply that I would ever email you. That's about all I caught of your entire mad rambling. The day I would need to email you for spiritual guidance is the day pigs would fly. Why I bother I don't know, everybody knows it's just another madhatter troll.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Good GRIEF!

Who let THIS dog out??????????? (SS)

Doesn't the WTS still have the TMS where the JWs are taught to speak mildly and calmly when speaking about their beliefs?????

Ranting lunacy is not becoming......

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Luke 21:8 "He said: 'Look out that you are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, "'I am he,'" and "'The due time has approached,'" Do not go after them."

S4

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

It seems as if I was typing while Carla was hitting "submit"....

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

How about Psam 146:3....where it says not to put our trust in nobles nor in the son of EARTHLING MAN TO WHOM NO SALVATION BELONGS......

Considering that the WTS is made up of admittedly imperfect men who have a legacy of countless mistakes in their relatively short history.....this scripture readily applies to THEM!

Don't forget.......the "truth" of the WTS is only as good as the latest publication.....it can and does change way too much to be "food from God"........

• Confession
    Confession

For me, it was this one... (Mark 9:38-40)

38 John said to him: “Teacher, we saw a certain man expelling demons by the use of your name and we tried to prevent him, because he was not accompanying us.” 39 But Jesus said: “Do not try to prevent him, for there is no one that will do a powerful work on the basis of my name that will quickly be able to revile me; 40 for he that is not against us is for us.

This was the first time in my adulthood that I could not give an organizational answer to a biblical question. The point struck me like an anvil to the head. Jehovah's Witnesses have been teaching me all my life precisely the opposite: they teach

'He that is not doing everything we tell them to is doomed at Armageddon. Heck even those who are doing what we say might not survive.'
    But here Jesus himself was saying, "he that is not against us is for us." Couldn't get over it.
  • serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Confession,

That scripture was an eye opener for me as well.

• Confession
    Confession

Glad to hear I wasn't alone, Serendipity. The person who presented this scripture to me was someone whom I'd been encouraging to study with JWs. When she called me to ask this question, it wasn't to challenge me. It was something someone else had shown her--and she was calling me for help in how to give an answer to this person. My reply?

"I guess I'm just not the person you should be asking. I really don't know."

I couldn't even come up with a vague, dismissive comment. I was as close to "speechless" as I've ever been. The scriptural point was just too simple, clear, and obviously in opposition to JW teaching.

• sweetscholar
    sweetscholar

...I will say to them "depart from Me, you workers of iniquity" or "why do you call me 'Lord Lord" but do not the things I say." Again, apostates and unstable types are notorious for seeing one Verse on a matter, and dismissing or easily forgetting a whole host of passages dealing with the matter. duhh. obviously (and not just JW teaching either) there would be many claiming to follow Jesus and even doing "works in His name" that would be shown up as false and "I never knew you." what do we do with those Verses, Mr Eye Opened by that Verse,?? yeah, how convenient. what do we do with Paul's words to those CLAIMING to do Christ's will, "false apostles" and "apostles of satan"?? what's the matter? speechless with those things too? it's this simple. as for Luke 9:49,50. which of course I've been hit with before. it's not a discovery to me. but as has been said many times "a text without a context is a pre-text." that Verse has been used by apostate and indepentent Protestant blockhead types before. now analyze who it was there doing the thing in Christ's name. A JEW THAT WAS STILL TECHNICALLY PART OF GOD'S FLOCK AND CHOSEN HOUSE OF ISRAEL. the apostles there were objecting because that guy was not part of their immediate group there. but Christ rightly told them that it was ok. that guy was not some false apostle (stuff that would appear later on, as Christ Himself predicted, Matt 7, Luke 6). at that time in Luke 9, the Israelites were still God's chosen people, and it was pre-crucifixion. so it was a different situation there. you have to be careful with those things. you have to "rightly divide the word of truth." and you have to definitely NOT ignore hosts of other Verses that clearly indicate that not all who claim Christ as Savior can really be truely so. "false apostles"??? "not everyone saying 'Lord Lord' and who do works in My name"? don't you think that "on that day" those to whom Christ says "I never knew you" also clamored Luke 9:49,50 the way you people are?? lol.

wake up. The Bible was written in such a way so as to test men's hearts. we can't ignore that in the Acts, and as is seen throughout the Epistles, that True Christiaity in the First Century A.D. was NOT this loose confederate mish mosh of conflicting sects, denominations, cults and groups, and Baptist baloney and whatever else. Decisions from the top down that were BINDING on the rest of the local congregations. what do we do with THOSE Verses of Scripture that show that many will claim to be Christians but simply won't be true Christians and that it's not this free-for-all independent Korah-like (Jude 11,12) nonsense that we see in apostate "Christendom"?? pretend those Verses are not there, or pretend they mean something else? how convenient.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit