For those of us who still believe in God...

by MrMoe 90 Replies latest jw friends

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

I would like to know why you still beleive in God and what, based upon the bible, leads you to believe in God.

I likethe scripture that states the earth was a circle and hung upon nothing. I also find that there is evidence the flood existed. Anybody know the stats of the "supposed" ark on Mr. Ararat?

I understant many of you don't believe in God, but I do, so please respect my beliefs, OK? I will respect yours.

• gsark
    gsark

<"I would like to know why you still beleive in God and what, based upon the bible, leads you to believe in God.">

I don't know how fair this question is in this form since many people believe in God but not the bible. The apostle Paul said as much at Romans 2:14 etc. Literally taken as worded, this question is addressed towards those who believe in the Bible God?

Life is a roller coaster. Get in, sit down, shut up and hang on!

• logical
    logical

I dont need the bible to convince me of a creator.

The beauty of the creation, the way everything works in harmony, the sheer complexity of everything all proves in itself intelligent design.

However, the scriptures show us God's purpose and his love for us, as humans, even though we are sinners.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

"logical"
    The way everything works in harmony. You're kidding, right?

Why is there so much violence in nature? Harmony?
    Why do human crave food that are bad for them? Harmony?
    Why does that human body have so many flaws? Harmony?
    Why do people kill each other? Harmony?

I'm only interested in logical explanations, not in JW bullshit.

Chris in Phonix

Variables don't; constants aren't.

• logical
    logical

Ok Chris, next time you buy a jar of honey, dont stop to think of how that honey came to be about, and how many things happened in the process...

If your a science person, explain H2O. Most other compounds with a similar atomic mass are gases... yet water is a simple compound essential to everything, yet, it is a liquid. Its strange how it was designed to be a liquid... yet most other compunds of similar mass and composition are gases.

What about how the planet Jupiter sucks up asteroids and comets, to protect the earth from being bombarded?

The ratio of the size of the sun to the size of the moon, and their distances away from earth is pretty amazing for just a coincidence...

Funny how you atheists never mention the POSITIVE things...

Mankind is sold into corruption... sin & death, I too well know about the flaws . Unfortunately, its part of life because of Adam's sin. However, the ransom of Christ atones for this...

and I am NOT a JW, THANK JAH

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

"logical"
    You're right, there are many positive things, and as soon as "god" decides to manifest him, her, itself in a rational way I'll be the first to become a believer. Your original sin explanation doesn't cut it for me. "I was innocent all along." If the god of the bible is "god" you can have him.

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

First let me say, I believe in diety, not the god of the Bible and I was never a JW but only close to one for a time before our relationship was destroyed by the society.

As logical said:
    The beauty of the creation, the way everything works in harmony, the sheer complexity of everything all proves in itself intelligent design.

I tend to agree, however Chris has a point that needs to be addressed:
    He wrote:

Why is there so much violence in nature? Harmony?

It depends on how you look at it. If you mean hunting, killing, fighting etc, that takes place in the animal and insect world, yes, we see this as violent, however it is part of the cycle of life. Survival is what we are here for - and death is part of life.

Why do human crave food that are bad for them? Harmony?

I think there's a screw up there of the natural order. Humans were meant to want the foods that are good for them, but our brains get in the way of our instincts and we are able to put aside our natural inclinations to survive and make decisions that are unhealthy for us. I see the human race as being adolescent. We have the capacity to reach our full intelligence but we haven't yet, so right now we're still able to do things that are bad for us simply because we can.

Why does that human body have so many flaws? Harmony?

What flaws specifically? I'm not begging the question. The human body is fragile, breakable, subject to disease and it wears out rather quickly. I don't think this is because humans sinned and God wants to punish us, I think it's because the human body is only a temporary home for the soul. If it never wore out, we would not be able to move on to the next life. Now if you examine all the intricate systems that make a healthy human body work, it is rather miraculous. The flaws occur when something acts on the systems to break them down, the flaws are not in the systems themselves.

Why do people kill each other? Harmony?

Tons of reasons. Religion is a biggie, jealously, survival, flaws in mentality and intelligence, poverty, difference of opinion. It's not harmonious. It's the growing pains of an adolescent species.

I'm only interested in logical explanations, not in JW bullshit.

Sorry, I don't know how logical all this is, but it isn't JW bullshit at least. It's Pagan bullshit.

Silverleaf

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Silverleaf:
    I apreciate your thoughts, but it all boils down to human explanations based on your culture and what makes you feel comfortable. Any "god" I were to worship would be rational.

Warmest regards

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

I beleive in God and the Bible.

When i look around at all the beauty and see the complicated way life supports life.

DNA,

Matter where did it come from if no God.

Reproduction, how can evolution explain that.

The Bible has to be from God so many writers and not really any disharmony that can't be explained.

I probably could go on and on but I won't.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

The argument on how the universe could not have come into existence by itself is not valid until you offer an explanation on how God came into existence. If god was "always there" you have no reason why the universe could not have "always been there" Are you saying that the universe is more complicated than god himself?? Interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit