What's Your Pet Peeve At The Meetings?

by Golf 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

1. What used to bug me was the fashion show type attitude, everyone checkin out the different ways to mix and match clothes so you dont like like you wearing an outfit to many times in the same week. And watching all the dust pickers, you know the ones picking and pulling fuzz from one-another clothes, they look like a bunch of monkeys cleaning each other.

2. The begining of the speach prayer: "Jeeeehovah our Gawd"

3. Fake glad-handing eachother.

4. Our hall had a crawl space (half basement) under it, and as soon as you came in the hall it smelled like musty old church books, that smell mixed with elder bad-breath on a Sunday AM made me sick.

EW.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

It really peeved me when you would go to the meetings and they expound on the wonderful spiritual paradise that we live in and that the brotherhood is sooooo loving. And then after the meeting no one is the least bit kind or loving and you walk out ready to cry because there must be something wrong with you because this loving group of people treat you like you are a worthless p.o.s.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

The long prayers at the end. We had one brother who would forget what he had said and run through this thanks for this and thanks for that all over again! OI!!!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    The guys who gave the closing prayers were not talking to God, they were talking to the audience.

How true! I recall that I was often embarrassed to hear them. Of course, there is a reason, you know? It is that they don't really know God to talk to, they have no relationship with God, so how could they talk to someone they don't really know?

Come on, they think that God's name is Jehovah, that at one time he lived on Pleiedes, and that now he has an "Organisation" that tells everyone what he says. Not only that but you can't even approach him without them. It's a bit like being prevented from seeing the big boss in the company where you work.

No wonder their prayers are often lectures to the congregation!

• Golf
    Golf

Here's what I did at one time. I kept track of all the comments made in each paragraph of the WT study, and after three months, I approached the study conductor and showed him all the useless comments made on certain length paragraphs. As I said, many, many, many comments on short paragraphs a few on the lengthy ones. Needless to say, he did appreciated what I did, however I had the proof.

Golf

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

My congregation was a very strict one about going over-time. It almost never happened that the meetings would finish later, actually they were about 5 minutes shorters quite often.

We had this very stern elder who would get up from his seat the moment a part was starting to go longer then it's supposed time. He would walk slowly to the back and stare sternly at the speaker who would get the willies and wrap it all up. lol

• Golf
    Golf

Lillycurly, that's good one but 'rare.'

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

I hate meetings.

• Golf
    Golf

Hey Nate, did you ever release 'gas' at any meetings?

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

The notion most of them had that you had to comment at least once during the WT study in order to look like a good dub. So superficial.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit