What's Your Pet Peeve At The Meetings?

by Golf 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Backstabbing

• greendawn
    greendawn

I really detested some of the elders giving talks because they were incredibly dull and boring, their low educational background clearly showed through.

• atypical
    atypical

I'll second that one, Danny. I got backstabbed more times in "spiritual paradise" than I care to remember.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Common people. I can sum up the most annoying thing at every KH across the globe in two words:

KINGDOM MELODIES

That and I'll agree with ellderwho regarding the fake smiles and empty hand shakes.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi agape, welcome to the forum!

• Candlestick02
    Candlestick02

By far, the fake people at the meetings. I was in a Spanish congr. and, as customary in the culture, women frequently kiss hello (along w/ a handshake). It was one quick movement... It was weird that all of a sudden this click of women would do it, but they were selective, then someone from their click would say Hello to me like that... when I KNEW these chicks couldn't care less about me. It was all so fake and stupid. (p.s. Almost upon my exit these kiss-hello's were also frequented by sisters AND brothers...and it was ok if you were friends w/ them -- but it also weirded me out a little when some guys would do this when they probably were just trying to get closer w/ that sister cause they wanted to date her. Happened to me... shiver!)

It would also bother me when the elders would pressure others in the hall to give a 'ride' to the elderly bro/sisters who had no other means of getting their on their own. I didn't mind picking them up, but they'd always talk from the platform that this was something we ALL could/should do to help, but inevitably, it never worked that way. It was always the same family doing all of the driving around town to go pick up sister X cause everyone knew WE would pick her up.

• Golf
    Golf

Just stopping in to let you know that I enjoy 'all' your comments. I always like the funny ones. JH, that was a good one.

Golf

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Candlestick02, I wonder if that was really a friendly kiss....I would bet it was a chance to get close to you and see if they could smell cigarette smoke on you.

lisa

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

I think the only people who get on ok are those that are self righteous or those who can hear things but forget them straight away. I heard all I had to do and when you inevitably cant live up to it the guilt trip starts. At one meeting we heard a talk about making peace with someone not holding a grudge, so I decided to go up to this elders daughter who had moved congregations due to a bust up with my fleshly sister, that was visiting. I started by saying hello and she then stunned me by saying 'why are you talking to me' and then led off in a tarade of abuse at me and my family, I was so gob smacked that I said I was sorry if thats how she felt and it was never my intention to come across as she described, now hows that for heeding the council we had both just 'heard'!

Arnie

• Omar S.
    Omar S.

I like everbody's comments, like the guys that sit in the front and cringe their neck and look back not only when people were late but during the meeting, it was so annoying.

I HATED when I was sleeping through the meeting and one of the brothers would go wake me up. I would give them a look and go back to sleep.

That's it for me, other peeves have already been expressed here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit