Why God Cannot Have Used Evolution....

by Shining One 107 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Satanus

The record shows a development towards order.....,

Does a developing order mean it will continue to develope successfully? Assuming uniformity to argue uniforimity is again begging the?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

That's what I call intellectual terrorism. More precisely, kamikaze apologetics, attempting to hijack faith into an extremist's black & white dilemma. Better no faith at all than (alleged) compromise.

And, mind you, this is not completely illogical.

But don't complain about atheism.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Elderwho

Does a developing order mean it will continue to develope successfully?

One could assume that. But, i wouldn't say that it is guaranteed to go on for infinity. Then again ... (i don't know)

Assuming uniformity to argue uniforimity is again begging the?

Sorry, i must be spaced out, can you explain the question?

S

• heathen
    heathen

Then there's that even newer idea that God let evolution mold the environment but then created man as a seperate species . I mean come on people , IMO it's all or nothing on either side of the argument. Either there is intelligent design in all things or just countless accidents and mutations that account for all things on earth . I don't think God wants to be known for his failures . I think science is good for explaining alot of things where there are alot of facts , there just isn't alot of facts in dealing with evolution .You really do have to suspend your disbief to extremity on that one .

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hey heathen

You must have one of those digital minds - it's iether a yes or a no. Some people have analogue minds, ie it's somewhere between yes and no. The newest mind modules are quantum, that is, yes and no. That's cool.

S

• heathen
    heathen

I'm still waiting for you to come up with some facts there satanus , accusing me of being short sited is not presenting facts . I think in this case it's either right or wrong and cannot be a conglomeration , the entire theme of the bible is how mankind was going to redeem itself from a mistake that the original couple made I do think it easy to prove that animal and humans reproduce each according to their kind . I also remember reading stuff that suggest that dna prevents mutation , it's like a program that cannot be altered by nature .

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sorry, heathen. I didn't mean to accuse you of anything. It's ok to see it as you do. I meant the three mind types as a joke. If you want some good arguement for other views, i suggest reading zen nudist's posts on this thread.

S

• Frogleg
    Frogleg

But I'm curious as to why everything else in the universe is subject to entropy, except evolution.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    But I'm curious as to why everything else in the universe is subject to entropy, except evolution.

When you say "entropy", what do you mean? For instance, if I place three rocks in a perfect triangle and then walk away, time will eventually foul up my triangle. If I place a bucket of hot water on the ground, it will eventually cool. Stuff like that? Evolution is just the result of the cream rising to the top among animals. It rises because the "top" is defined as those that can survive long enough to reproduce. Evolution isn't "tending toward order", it's just the fastest runners winning the race. Imagine that you run the fastest runners on earth in a race against each other. The winners get to breed with each other. Their children then run the same race, and again the winners breed. Over time, the children will get faster and faster, up the natural limit of a bipedal creature. That's all evolution is. A race where the winners get to breed. It has nothing to do with thermodynamics. Dave

• trevor
    trevor
    the entire theme of the bible is how mankind was going to redeem itself from a mistake that the original couple made

I think that if we are to reach understanding about the nature of God or I AM and examine the place evolution plays in this process, story books like the bible need to be put aside for now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit