Why God Cannot Have Used Evolution....

by Shining One 107 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Sorry I'm so late to the party... :-)

>> In world of random-ness/evolution, could order and natural law be a bi-product of said enviroment?

Randomness has little to do with evolution. I'm not sure what you're getting at with the next statement. Things in the natural world follow the natural laws. Ice crystalizes into intricate shapes that are created by natural laws. Animals reproduce according to natural laws, there are variations brought about natural laws, and these lead to raw material for natural selection to work upon.

There is no evidence of any cosmic thumb on the scales, the variations are as they would be expected in their environments.

Dave

• Shining One
    Shining One

>Ooooh, the new hell threat. While i agree w the first part, the second part is totally an empty threat.
    No threat, its what scripture says, I believe it.
    >First, because it is almost sure that separation from our source is impossible.
    Why is that?
    >Secondly, where ever we go in the afterlife, we can create our own realities, just like you do here.
    What do you have to back up this assertion?
    >So, if the hamster desires a hundred curvey hamsterettes and lots of pellets when his material body gives out, he will have them in the afterlife.
    OK, using that reasoning then each Jihadist has 77 virgins just because he imagines this is so?
    >Your god and his schleppers can occupy a separate space from the hamster if you want. It won't affect one hamster hair. Like we need you or your vindictive puny god.
    Why not imagine a world like portrayed in the JW literature then, a peaceful and joyful bliss where people live eternally enjoying the presence of God, "The tent of God is with mankind'. They might have their prophecy wrong but they do have the final result correct, viz. the New Heavens and New Earth.
    Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

>If one experiment fails or turns out to be faulty in some way, that doesn't mean the case is closed. Don't you know that?
    Fifty years later and even further from the finding out the truth of the matter.
    Rex

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Fifty years later and even further from the finding out the truth of the matter.

How so?

• Shining One
    Shining One

>that is actually well put. i agree with this, you know? the politically correct side of me wants to say it's not true. but the realistic side of me says that it is true.
    You got the point, Tetrapod. Reality drives a 'hard bargain' and there are no easy answers, whether you are a Christian or not.
    Rex

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Satanus

Was uniformity in the past? If so, when and for how long was it? By uniformity, do you mean linearity? Just making sure of out terms.

I believe there was and is uniformity. I would like to think I can rely on natural law. By linear I would say its a reliable pattern of causation.

• Satanus
    Satanus
    No threat, its what scripture says, I believe it.

It's a threat the way you used it on the hamster. Here is the definition:

1. An expression of an intention to inflict pain, injury, evil, or punishment.
    2. An indication of impending danger or harm.
    3. One that is regarded as a possible danger; a menace.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=threat

>First, because it is almost sure that separation from our source is impossible.

Why is that?

Because the connection of the cord. Because the spirit part of us is the same essence as our source. Because god isn't what you think he is.

>Secondly, where ever we go in the afterlife, we can create our own realities, just like you do here.

What do you have to back up this assertion?

Faith. Just kidding. Mainly from what i have read. But, there is next to no proof.

>So, if the hamster desires a hundred curvey hamsterettes and lots of pellets when his material body gives out, he will have them in the afterlife.

OK, using that reasoning then each Jihadist has 77 virgins just because he imagines this is so?

Exactly, at least for a while.

>Your god and his schleppers can occupy a separate space from the hamster if you want. It won't affect one hamster hair. Like we need you or your vindictive puny god.

Why not imagine a world like portrayed in the JW literature then, a peaceful and joyful bliss where people live eternally enjoying the presence of God, "The tent of God is with mankind'. They might have their prophecy wrong but they do have the final result correct, viz. the New Heavens and New Earth.

Your god and his worshippers don't take up all the available void. There is lots left. You can have your jewish designed paradise and jewish built god all in a paradise as you imagine it, situated in some small corner of the void. Others can do the same. Heavens, hells, rooms, whatever the surviving soul expects is presented after death.

S

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Dave,

Randomness has little to do with evolution.

How little? editted to add: I guess it depends how random the said begining was.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>> How little?

SeattleNiceGuy had a good thread on this once, you'd be better off to read his post than to hear anything I could say on the topic. The point is that while randomness plays a role in creating mutations that natural selection can draw from, the selection process is anything but random. Just like sand pouring through a sieve. The sieve catches bigger items -- rocks, shells -- but lets the sand through. Natural selection serves at the sieve, letting through those creatures best suited to live long enough to reproduce in their environment.

It's a "directed" process, but the direction is in the form of the race I described earlier. The winners, win.

Dave

• Satanus
    Satanus

Elderwho

Perhaps we are looking at slightly different things.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit