Why God Cannot Have Used Evolution....

by Shining One 107 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shining One
    Shining One

>The record shows a development towards order, evolution. From chaos to order. So, yes there is, more now than there ever was.

You totally ignore entropy. You have it backwards.
    Rex

• Satanus
    Satanus

Elderwho

If nature has had order in the past why would that change?

Because, as far as i can see, nothing is linear. Therefore the present tendencies towards order, wherever they are, on earth or out there, may not be linear iether. Probably everything is curved. So, the present rate will either increase or decrease. If it increases, that will be wonderful. If it decreases, that means the universe will disintigrate/dissapate, or begin to collapse at some point.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Rex

You totally ignore entropy. You have it backwards.

No, i don't. But, you ignore the birth of stars and their creative work. I realise that entropy makes up the greater portion. Just because i didn't say that doesn't mean that i don't know it, and nothing i said contradicts that. However, by my estimation, creation is staying ahead of entropy.

S

• Shining One
    Shining One

>Why would "god" leave a trail of evidence that looks like evolution happened?
    He doesn't do that, that's the point. Macro-evolution and transitional species do not occur. You have great leaps in development suddenly, viz the Cambrian Explosion.
    >We are either being lied to or the universe is a sick joke, and we can barely comprehend how sick it is before we are hurled into the everlasting torments designed by the god who claims to love us all.
    You are a eternal soul living a physical existence, you have free will and a choice, you will never leave a consious existence, if you end up separated from God eternally it is your own fault for not taking advantage of grace freely offered.
    >By the way ENTROPY only means that enwrgy TENDS to dissipate. In the stars, simple particles are constantly built up into more complex ones. (we see it on earth too)
    The universe is 'winding down', it had a beginning and the 'red shift' proves that.
    Rex

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    The experiment in question never did prove anything. It has been debunked and discarded

If one experiment fails or turns out to be faulty in some way, that doesn't mean the case is closed. Don't you know that?

• Satanus
    Satanus
    You are a eternal soul living a physical existence, you have free will and a choice, you will never leave a consious existence, if you end up separated from God eternally it is your own fault for not taking advantage of grace freely offered.

Ooooh, the new hell threat. While i agree w the first part, the second part is totally an empty threat. First, because it is almost sure that separation from our source is impossible. Secondly, where ever we go in the afterlife, we can create our own realities, just like you do here. So, if the hamster desires a hundred curvey hamsterettes and lots of pellets when his material body gives out, he will have them in the afterlife. Your god and his schleppers can occupy a separate space from the hamster if you want. It won't affect one hamster hair. Like we need you or your vindictive puny god.

S

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Satanus,

Because, as far as i can see, nothing is linear. Therefore the present tendencies towards order, wherever they are, on earth or out there, may not be linear iether. Probably everything is curved. So, the present rate will either increase or decrease. If it increases, that will be wonderful. If it decreases, that means the universe will disintigrate/dissapate, or begin to collapse at some point.

So uniformity in the past does not depict future order? Is natural law, really natural law?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Elderwho

I'm not clear on this. Was uniformity in the past? If so, when and for how long was it? By uniformity, do you mean linearity? Just making sure of out terms.

S

• Carmel
    Carmel

Religion and Science are inter-twined with each other and cannot be separated. These are the two wings with which humanity must fly. One wing is not enough. Every religion which does not concern itself with Science is mere tradition, and that is not the essential. Therefore science, education and civilization are most important.

(Abdu'l-Baha, Abdu'l-Baha in London, p. 28)

If any religion rejected Science and knowledge, that religion was false. Science and Religion should go forward together; indeed, they should be like two fingers of one hand.

(Abdu'l-Baha, Abdu'l-Baha in London, p. 71)

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Dan,

If one experiment fails or turns out to be faulty in some way, that doesn't mean the case is closed

I agree, however does not science rely on the uniformity of nature? ie. previous lab work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit