Why God Cannot Have Used Evolution....

by Shining One 107 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Even if scientists haven't figured that part of it out, it doesn't mean they never will

And of course, further cementing the fact that creationists "don't believe" a theory that they don't actually understand, evolution has nothing to do with how life originated. If we one day determine that life was started by a hyper-intelligent shade of the color blue, it wouldn't have any effect on the theory of evolution.

Dave

• trevor
    trevor

Coolhandluke - Thanks for reading my ramblings.

If Gods creation is as he said it was "good" or perfect what need is there for improvement?

Clearly there is need for improvement so the statement in the Bible is flawed.

Secondarily if all major changes happen instantly, why don't we see evolution in the span of a generation if that is your theory?

I said:

The bible indicates that all major changes happen in an instant through the power of God. In reality change takes timeā€¦

I was challenging the Bibles claims. The Bible also states that God is unchangeable and then proceeds to contradict itself.

In any case this is how I presently perceive things. My thoughts are not yet perfected and are subject to change. Such is the process of my life and all life.

• Frogleg
    Frogleg

Interesting. Along this line, I have a question that I asked various JWs in the past and the absolute best response I ever got was a blank stare. Here's the question:

Assuming there is a god, how does he create things? What I mean is, does he sit there at some celestial drafting table going over storyboards and design scetches and methods of formulation? Does he use some cosmic computer with a multi-multi-layering CAD program to fit it all together, or does he just THINK and it happens?

I once mentioned to a JW sister (supposedly annointed) that I could just see how god had gone thru nature developing and revising his creations as he worked toward an "ultimate" model, and I think she soiled her pantyhose. "All god's activities are perfect!" she almost shouted back. So I asked her that question and, in what I beleieve was complete self-defense, huffily turned and walked away.

• daystar
    daystar

You know what? I'm not even going to read your post. The ridiculous statement that an omniscient and omnipresent "being", the Creator of Everything, cannot do anything stopped me at the subject heading.

• Satanus
    Satanus

For producing twisted writing in here, the shiner outdoes even the wt. In his view, he is giving the dogs bones to chew on, not his own bones, that's why he c&p's most of the time. He uses dishonest tactics while he sits back and laugh or criticises.

S

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

assuming a real god existed to make all things...how did he learn how to do this if not by trial and error? the belief is that at some point god existed all alone, nothing to learn from no one to teach him and so I dont see how evolution in some way can be avoided.

no matter whether god evolved his understanding or nature evolved the designs, I dont find much difference and so I find no use of this god hypothesis, it just complicates rather than answers.

the notion that god eternally knew all things is a bit stupid as that would mean the knowledge of all things just existed and god had nothing to do with making anything he was just a slave of destiny... nor could god give anyone any sort of freedom as he had none to give.

• trevor
    trevor

zen nudist

Your reasoning seems very sound and much in line with my own thoughts.

The trouble with arriving at conclusions based on observation and logic is that it makes faith redundant and that removes the need for religion and religious leaders.

Have you any idea how badly the church industry will be effected if everyone adopts your approach?

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Zen

no matter whether god evolved his understanding or nature evolved the designs, I dont find much difference and so I find no use of this god hypothesis, it just complicates rather than answers

This just begs the question: is there order in naturalism?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    This is why I evolution and creation are incompatible. Naturalism is about the evidence, it is science and belief in a creator is just religion? Naturalism is a philosophy and evolution is a fact in micro and unprovable in macro!

But doncha need macro to explain how Noah was able to fit the whole animal kingdom on the ark?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Elderwho

is there order in naturalism?

The record shows a development towards order, evolution. From chaos to order. So, yes there is, more now than there ever was.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit