Why God Cannot Have Used Evolution....

by Shining One 107 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

Frogleg

But I'm curious as to why everything else in the universe is subject to entropy, except evolution.

That isn't exactly true, unless you include the rest of the universe as evolving as well. Everything gets created, hangs around for a while, then is destroyed (recycled). Throughout the universe, there are pockets of creation, earth bing one of them. As well, on the earth, creation and destruction is ongoing. But, creation manages to stay ahead of destruction, so far. In the universe, nebulae (hydrogen clouds) are the creative factories. They create stars, which in turn create the elements. Stars don't last forever, they eventually blow up or get eaten by other stars. Their elements however, get recycled later into other systems, planets, or other things. S

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Satanus,

One could assume that. But, i wouldn't say that it is guaranteed to go on for infinity. Then again ... (i don't know)

If nature has had order in the past why would that change? Further, doesnt science rely on natural order.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

AlmostA,

Evolution is just the result of the cream rising to the top among animals. It rises because the "top" is defined as those that can survive long enough to reproduce. Evolution isn't "tending toward order", it's just the fastest runners winning the race.

If evolution is not tending toward order then, IMO your arguement fails. The definition you gave denotes order.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    The definition you gave denotes order.

Hmmm... define "order".

For instance, water travels down hill. Is it being ordered? Or is it just following natural laws?

Dave

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    Evolution is just the result of the cream rising to the top

I think you defined order with the above statement.

For instance, water travels down hill. Is it being ordered? Or is it just following natural laws?

In world of random-ness/evolution, could order and natural law be a bi-product of said enviroment?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

EW

Maybe the best question to ask is this; Does naturalism (natural law) require supernaturalism to exist?

D Dog

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Why would "god" leave a trail of evidence that looks like evolution happened?

We are either being lied to or the universe is a sick joke, and we can barely comprehend how sick it is before we are hurled into the everlasting torments designed by the god who claims to love us all.

HB

By the way ENTROPY only means that enwrgy TENDS to dissipate. In the stars, simple particles are constantly built up into more complex ones. (we see it on earth too) Some types of natural systems and cycles exist because they "export " disorder to other systems. But there is no evidence of a god or angels doing this. ( no more than the mediaeval idea that angels push the planets around)

• heathen
    heathen

In any event I think the burden of proof is on science .Science deals in observable facts . Belief in God does not rely on such , with an omnipotent God all things are possible and don't neccessarily need a logical explanation . I think if evolution were true then the worst thing it could have done was produce mankind , the most destructive force on the planet .

HAVE A NICE DAY

• Shining One
    Shining One

>Even if scientists haven't figured that part of it out, it doesn't mean they never will, so to use the word "insurmountable" is bullying the point.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller-Urey_experiment

The experiment in question never did prove anything. It has been debunked and discarded because:
    1) The atmosphere used was wrong.
    2) The chemicals used turned into a toxic brew that snuffed out any chance for life.

Behe explains this in Darwin's Black Box.
    Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

>evolution has nothing to do with how life originated.

Naturalism cannot explain it either yet the majority of those here wishfully think its true. Evolution is what continues, it is the transitional life forms that have not been found. micro-evolution is obvious, macro-evolution is a fantasy.

Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit