For thirty three years we walked the same path...and now he's gone.

by Gill 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Sad emo
  • anewme
    anewme

This is the time of year that many sick animals die. When the first chilly nights hit it sends them to the grave.

Sorry about your loss Gill. You and your family will have years ahead to remember the darling little fellow.
    I too had two cockatiels for 18 years. I thought that was a long time. But 30 years!!
    You must have taken exceptionally good care of him!

Just the other day while nuzzling in hubby's unwashed locks I smelled little Chirpy Cuddles!
    That cozy dusty wonderful way her feathers smelled came to my mind for the first time in 2 years since her death. She was the sweetest little bird child who wanted only to sit on my shoulder 24/7 and cuddle and nibble at my ears and hair. I'm sure the worst part about leaving this life for her, was leaving me.
    I'm getting choked up just thinking about the large amount of affection that came from that little bird soul.

My condolences,

Anewme

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Gill I'm so sorry for your loss. What an incredible situation to have a beloved pet for 30 years. I usually go for the heartbreakingly short-lived dogs, wrap my heart up around them and then grieve all too soon. A big hug to you and your family.

Sherry

• gumby
    gumby

So sorry Gill

My wife and I had a cockatiel we named "Alphalpha" ( like on the little rascals)

He was a show-off. Everytime someone would come over he'd put on a show and sing the Andy Griffith whistling tune and cracked people up. The little bastard wouldn't let anyone touch it cept for this little lying sneak dubbie girl that was a friend of the familys. The bird loved her and we don't know why. We finally gave her the bird( not to be confused with flipped her the bird)

Get a Parrot Gill....they live to be 80!

Hugs,

Gumby

• xjwms
    xjwms

Sorry for your loss

We have the same bird, about 12 years now.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Man-o-man, that was one long-lived bird. I'm going to start eating more sun-flower seeds!!!

Sorry to hear of your loss (best I could do, sorry)

• sf
    sf

{{ Long, warm hug Gill }}

So sorry about your loss, and his. I'm very certain he is missing you too, badly. Yet is always near.

These are incredible birds. Yet not just any bird. Look to the sky Gill...he is in good company...

Sincerely, sKally

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

My deepest condolences Gill

He lived long and he prospered with you. And now he can watch over you.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

(((( Gill )))) I am so very sorry for your loss of a loved one. It doesn't matter that he had a much longer life than usual, it still hurts.

Hugs and love to you

Brenda

• Gill
    Gill

Thank you all for your replys! They're much appreciated.

googlemagoogle - I'm still going into the living room and saying 'hello' to him, from force of habit. I think he knows, wherever he is. I imagine him giving a little chirp back, as usual. Or telling me to 'shut up' as he tended to do sometimes.

diamondblue1974 - Sorry about 'Tiggs'. It seems to hurt forever but eventually you start laughing about all the silly things they used to do.

Auld Soul - I know what you mean. I fell that he's still here....somewhere.

Mary - Most pets become another member of the family, don't they. Our birds get taken on holiday with us, when possible and come and sit out in the garden with us. We wouldn't think of missing them out.

Jeanniebeans and Sad emo - Thanks for your sympathy

anewme - The longest living cockatiel in the Guiness Book of records is 29 years old, so my 'little man' certainly beat that.

Sorry about you little 'Chirpy Cuddles'. These little birds just pour out love when they get attatched to you.

Gretchen956 - Sorry for your heartbreak with doggys. We still get upset over our doggy and she's been gone nearly seven years now. She used to round the kids up for us on the beach like a sheep dog. She was funny.

Gumby - Thanks for the hug. Cockatiels seem to love little girls. We have one thats a few months old and he's already following my youngest, who's six years old around. He seems to like to bite the boys...hard! We have a parakeet, that should live to be sixty and she's only two years old. We've had to make provision for her in our will.

xjwms - Thanks!

LittleToe - Don't laugh, but I eat sunflower seeds. When me and Cockatiel were young we used to sit together eating the things. He'd sit on my shoulder and I'd shell them for him. Every so often I'd have one myself and I love 'em. Reminds me of the day he came to school with me when I was ten. He loved it!!! All those kids shelling sunflower seeds for him!

sf - I too think that he's flying somewhere happily!

Beachbender - Thankyou. He did prosper with me and he was much loved by my family.

Brendacloutier - I think he's not 'too' far away. Thanks for the hugs.

Thank you every one. It's been a sad day but nice to have so much support.

Love to you all

Gill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit