For thirty three years we walked the same path...and now he's gone.

by Gill 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((Gil)))))

I've never had a bird, but I know how hard it is to lose a pet. I lost my first dog last year. It IS hard, but I took comfort in knowing that he wasn't in any pain anymore.

Condolences,

Andi

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

((((Gill))))

So sorry to hear of your loss. I don't know what I'd do if I lost my bird.

W

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Andi! Thanks!

Losing a pet is awful and I remember when we lost our dog how terrible that was. It's certainly true that you can take comfort from their not suffering any more. We had to have our doggie put to sleep. It was traumatic but you know it's the right thing to do for them.

I was afraid our birdie would become very sick and have to be put to sleep, but apart from his arthritis he never had a days illness in his whole life. Not bad going was it! He died peacefully and by the looks of him, on his way strolling around his cage coming back from having a drink. The little sweetie! I miss him.

• Gill
    Gill

Hi FF! Thanks!

Is that your beautiful bird in your avatar!!?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Hi FF! Thanks!

Is that your beautiful bird in your avatar!!?

Yup, that's my Rocco!

W

• loosie
    loosie

Oh Gill,

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear bird. Sounds like you must have been a wonderful caretaker, for him to have lived so long.

Hugs

Loosie

• fairchild
    fairchild

That is so sad, Gill. It is like losing a friend. I have a feeling that you might find some comfort at the following site, it is a board for people who are dealing with the same kind of loss as you are.

http://brokenwingsforum.com/index.php

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit