For thirty three years we walked the same path...and now he's gone.

by Gill 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

My little friend, is gone. For thirty three years we walked, he flew actually and then when too old, he walked, but we walked the same path. Yesterday morning I found he had died in the night and now....well, now all the sadness is here. I had my cockatiel when I was eight years old. He sang, danced and cuddled me and my family for many, many years. Cockys don't usually live more than fifteen years, so he was rare and special. The last eighteen months though, he had deteriorated. If he had been in pain, we would have had him put to sleep, but apart from arthritis and a loss of feathers he was happy, ate like a horse and still singing.

And now he's gone.

Goodbye friend. I hope you're flying high somewhere.

• luna2
    luna2

Aw, Gill. I'm sorry he's gone, although he had a heck of a run. (((hugs))) to you and the family.

• vitty
    vitty

My goodness, he had a double life span !!

If he was human that meant he could have lived for 140 years

He must of had great love and care given for him to have lived so long

((((((( Gill ))))))

• willowmoon
    willowmoon

I am sorry for your loss , hoping you find comfort in the time you had together .

• Gill
    Gill

Hi luna2, Vitty and Willowmoon!

Thanks for your sympathy. He was, sort of my little brother and a big help to me and a pain in the ass to the kids. He used to call me when the boys were fighting and shout at them himself, to tell them off. He liked to sit at the keyboard when the kids did their homework and press the 'wrong' keys to help them.

On his last evening, he sat with my daughter 'surfing the net' for a few hours. He loved the computer and would like to sit on the number keys. If he wanted to 'go toilet' he'd sqwauk and we'd moved him onto a tissue and then he'd be back on the keyboard again.

We've buried him in a nice spot in the garden where I can see him from the kitchen.

He was funny.

Got to go or I'll look at right state when I have to go out later.

Thanks again.

Gill

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

oh dear, my deepest condolences!

wasn't he one of the annointed? if so he's in heaven and you can still talk to him.

((Gill))

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I lost one of my cats the other week ("Tiggs") and it was heartbreaking...I really do know how you feel.

DB74

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

(((Gill))),

I'm sorry for your loss. At the same time, I can't help but be glad for you that you had a friend who walked the same path for so long. That is rare even among human friends.

I believe whenever a human knows someone (human or animal) so well, death doesn't end the friendship.

I hope you find some comfort in that thought.

AuldSoul

• Mary
    Mary

Some people don't understand how we get so attached to our pets, but we do-----they become like family and it's really hard when they leave us.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Gill, I am so sorry for your loss. That is a lot of history to have shared. It must hurt tremendously.

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit