For thirty three years we walked the same path...and now he's gone.

by Gill 36 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

At that rate you really are going to live to 105

My mum used to swear by them, and force-fed us with them on a regular basis!

• Es
    Es

Sorry for your loss

es

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

(((Gill)))

I am sorry to hear of your loss.

I have a terrible fear of all things feathered but the way you describe your little pet makes me feel like he wasn't really a bird but more part of the family. Although your new pet won't fill the void he has left I am sure he will be part of your family just the same.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Gill, so sorry to hear of your loss

take care

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Gill, my condolences.

"When you think of me, grieve not,
    Nor speak of me with tears, but laugh and talk
    Of me as if I were beside you there.
    And when you recall those things I loved,
    please do not let the thought of me
    be sad...You were so good to me!
    I loved you so - 'twas heaven here with you!"

• startingover
    startingover

(((((Gill)))))

As a long time bird lover, I am in awe of your little friend. What great memories you will have when the pain subsides, which it will.
    And I just love the story about his last evening.

I know I will have such a hard time when my birds pass. I have reminders of them all over everything I own. I'm sure you do too.

I can feel your pain!

• chrissy
    chrissy

:o(.......

...hang in there gill.

sounds like you showed that bird a really good life.

• Gill
    Gill

LT - Try lightly toasted sunflower seeds! Brilliant!

Es, Miss Peaches and dedpoet - Thanks for your sympathies.

Nathan Natas - Thanks. I've copied that poem into my diary.

Startingover - Thanks so much. Those little birdy friends are full of love, aren't they.

Christty - I think he did have a lovely birdy life with me.

It seemed strange yesterday. The other birds were quiet. When they came out of their cages they were flying at the window, which they never usually do. Then we noticed that our old cockatiel's cage could be seen from the window. I think they may have thought we'd left him outside because they both used to go and sit with him for a while during the day. We moved his cage out of sight and they eventually settled down.

During the night our parakeet kept waking and 'shouting'.

I think they know he's gone. Who said that animals don't notice, and don't grieve, they just accept death. It's not true. They're not their usual selves at all.

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

I am so sorry for your loss. When I have lost a pet in the past...I try to always remember to be thankful for the time I had them. Most of the time I had rather spend time with my dogs rather than people. Their love is unconditional.

• Gill
    Gill

Thanks, oppgirl!

Their love is unconditional and it's very touching and that's why it's unforgetable.

We've certainly thought a lot more about the funny things our little bird used to do. It's funny, but I lived with that bird, longer than I've lived with my husband.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit